• Show
Clear All

• 94th Grey Cup, 2006

Kick off in a couple hours.

Montreal (East) vs BC (West).
    Attached Files
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Factoids courtesy of tsn.ca

-Lions led the league with 13-5 record; Alouettes finished at 10-8
    -Alouettes last playoff victory : won East Final in 2005
    -Lions last playoff victory : won West Final in 2004
    -Alouettes were swept by the Lions in the regular season by a total score of 84-33
    -Lions outscored their opposition 555-355 this season
    -Alouettes led the league in penalties with 224 flags for 1,790 yards
    -Lions defence led the league, giving up an average of just 299 yards of offence
    -Sunday forecast : Cloudy periods with a high of -2C; wind NW 15 km/h; 10% POP

I'm gonna have to cheer the underdogs. Go Al's!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Go Als,

not that I perticularly root for them the rest of the year. But underdogs for the win.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Who should I root for and why? Come on... make your cases!

(I wonder if it is being shown on US TV?)
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Montreal lost a heartbreacker in last years Grey Cup. They started this season off on a tear (7 and 0) and then tanked, ending up 10 and 8.

BC had some problems last year with player controversies at QB. They lost in the playoffs. This year they've been ripping up everything in front of them going 13 and 5. The controversies are over and starter Dave Dickenson has been the clear number 1.

It's sort of David vs Goliath the way the teams went in the season. Montreal being the underdog makes me like them in this game. I also think Al's QB Anthony Calvillo has 'earned' a win.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)

Comment

You might also look at the rosters and see if any of the players are from your favoured college. A majority of the players come from US colleges.

Montreal:

BC:
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              (I wonder if it is being shown on US TV?)
              Do any of your cable networks carry the CBC?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Geroy Simon is a monster. Three different quarterbacks and he still ended up with 1856 yards and 15 TDs.

Teh Lions shall win.
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Do any of your cable networks carry the CBC?
                  It's on most of the comcast network, along with a few others. There's a list on the CFL website.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

In the United States, the 2006 Grey Cup will be available to 61 million homes in standard definition television and to DISH Network's 12 million customers in High Definition via VOOM's WorldSport in HD. The following networks have carried CFL games weekly throughout the 2006 season and will also telecast the 94th Grey Cup: SNY (Comcast Sportsnet New York); NESN (New England Sports Network); Comcast SportsNet outlets in Philadelphia, the Mid-Atlantic region, Chicago and San Francisco; Comcast NorthWest (Oregon and SW Washington); Comcast Seattle (video on demand); CSS in Atlanta; Catch 47 - Tampa Bay Sports Television; Cox Sports Television South (Louisiana); Time Warner Sports 26 (Syracuse, New York); Altitude Sports & Entertainment (Denver) and the America One Television Network. Satellite TV subscribers can access the game live on DIRECTV channels 644 and 656, and DISH Network channels 409 and 410.

High definition coverage of the 94th Grey Cup will be available nationally from VOOM HD Network's World Sport in HD on DISH Network, which now serves more than 12 million subscribers across the U.S.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

I get CSN Midatlantic and they're not broadcasting the Grey Cup today. They might be showing it at some later time.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

They're showing it tomorrow at noon.

Instead of the grey cup today they're showing SportsNite and a replay of a college football game.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

CSS? My on screen guide doesn't show them showing it... just a replay of a college football game from yesterday .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

And Gary Bettman gets criticism...
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                              They're showing it tomorrow at noon.

Instead of the grey cup today they're showing SportsNite and a replay of a college football game.
                              Are you going to listen on radio or pay for the web broadcast?
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                              X