I'm not sure what's going on here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure what's going on here...

But I think they're pulled a STuG3 from a swamp !

Cool, huh?
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Re: I'm not sure what's going on here...

Originally posted by Lonestar

Cool, huh?
    whats an StuG3, why would they be pulling it from swamp?
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

bad driving
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Cool! On the website Lonestar linked the thing was apparently upside down in the swamp. Bad driving for sure.

Comment

Re: Re: I'm not sure what's going on here...

Originally posted by lord of the mark

whats an StuG3, why would they be pulling it from swamp?
          German anti-tank....tank. Didn't have a turret.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Looks quite ugly.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

If it's ugly but it works...it's still ugly. But still cool

Comment

Sooo...it's been in the swamp since WWII?...and it works? That's a hell of a tank!
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                  Sooo...it's been in the swamp since WWII?...and it works? That's a hell of a tank!
                  Not that I can read the original site in its native language, but what gives you the impression that it works?
                  No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                  "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

any word on a test fire - lol
                    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Interesting. Back in the early 70s I heard from some of my ex-GI classmates that American GIs in Germany would get really drunk then use construction equipment to bury M-60 tanks just for fun. Remember this was a time of great turmoil in the US Army.

I had no idea that the tradition began with the Wehrmacht.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                        Interesting. Back in the early 70s I heard from some of my ex-GI classmates that American GIs in Germany would get really drunk then use construction equipment to bury M-60 tanks just for fun. Remember this was a time of great turmoil in the US Army.

I had no idea that the tradition began with the Wehrmacht.
                        On a related note when stationed in Germany in the 1970's we would go to training sites such as Hoensfeldts and Graffenwohr (excuse my mispelling, as I remember the "Phoenetic" names just not the correct spelling of them )

We would find on occassion older pieces of WWII equipment out on ranges, in blown up condition but still right there. Makes ya wonder if you were on some battle ground or not.

I don't know if it is still there, but if anyone ever gets to go to Fort Knox Kentucky, which used to be the home of the U S Army Armor Center, they had back in mid 70's the General George Patton Museum. Awesome display and footage/photos of his career

Gramps
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Re: I'm not sure what's going on here...

Originally posted by Lonestar

Cool, huh?

Exactly where was this at Lonestar, if you know?

I wonder how they found it, a scan of the terrain, bumped into while traversing the terrain?

Just curious.

Gramps
                          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                            Interesting. Back in the early 70s I heard from some of my ex-GI classmates that American GIs in Germany would get really drunk then use construction equipment to bury M-60 tanks just for fun.
                            I heard something similar about the construction teams building the Alaskan Pipeline burying bulldozers. Of course, their companies were working on a cost-plus basis, so they needed to drive their costs up as much as possible in order to maximize profits.
                            Last edited by Zkribbler; January 1, 2007, 19:13.

Comment

Germans and tank driving

more
                              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Working...
                              X