Dutch government says it plans to ban burqa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ned
    Lonestar, if you have a hard time understanding my point, I suggest you actually read Mein Kampf. The behavior and thinking of the Europeans today and is almost identical to their behavior and thinking in the 1920's and '30s.
    suggesting someone actually read all the way through mein kampf constitutes cruel and unusual punishment. I only paged through a copy and it is painfully poorly written rambling cover to cover.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

And yet, you are blaming the guy back in the past, rather than the guys who do it today (and you are). Basically pooh-poohing it, saying they are just following their religion, etc. I mean we don't blame the Jews for the Old Testament (another "barbaric era") when wacked out Protestants believe the dictates there should be followed to the letter.
      Ive tried to avoid this thread, but this calls for comment. Jews as a general rule, dont make nearly as big a fuss about David, or Abraham, or even Moses, as muslims do about Muhammed. When was the last time you heard Jews protesting in the streets cause of cartoons about Moses? Or boycotting some countrys products cause of an insult to Moses? The reason people are focusing on Mohammed, is cause we've heard so much lately about how uniquely holy Mohammed is, about how we in the West are alienating muslims by not showing him proper respect, and how insulting Mohammed is the moral equivalent of holocaust denial, if not far worse.

Well if some guy is going to command so much respect, respect that we in the West are expected to show, respect that is not accorded to other conquerors, other religious leaders, or other conqueror-religious leaders, than hed damned well better be perfect.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

And yet, you are blaming the guy back in the past, rather than the guys who do it today (and you are). Basically pooh-poohing it, saying they are just following their religion, etc. I mean we don't blame the Jews for the Old Testament (another "barbaric era") when wacked out Protestants believe the dictates there should be followed to the letter.
        Hmm, that's not what I'm saying, read my posts on the previous pages. I'm not saying its ok becouse they are following their religion, imo people following the sharia to the letter by marying/raping 9 yar olds should be hanged.
        And personaly I do blame and will fight any religious idiot who by following some ancient "devine" book to the letter destroys the lives of inocent people.
        I do quite enjoy living in one of the most secular and free nations on the planet and simply want to keep enjoying it without some theocrat dictating how I should live my life.

Comment

Lonestar, religious freedom?
          Not when it's detrimental to society, no. That's why Polygamy is illegal.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I mean we don't blame the Jews for the Old Testament (another "barbaric era") when wacked out Protestants believe the dictates there should be followed to the letter.
            Maybe we should!
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

First the French and now the Dutch. Once it was the Jews who were viewed with hatred because they dress differently. Now it is the Muslims.

Europe is so NAZI it is appalling.
              Are you realy this ignorant or just trolling?

Lonestar, if you have a hard time understanding my point, I suggest you actually read Mein Kampf. The behavior and thinking of the Europeans today and is almost identical to their behavior and thinking in the 1920's and '30s.
              Wow, you realy are this ignorant, read up on your history and culture, then please reread your posts.

Simply put there is no european behavior and culture, or do you mean the neo-european melting pots you find in the colonies?

Btw, did you know that in the 20's and 30's both jews and black people could ride on the front seat of the bus in Holland?

Comment

• That's because the backseat was for 'cool' people
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Imran, "quote:
                  Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

I mean we don't blame the Jews for the Old Testament (another "barbaric era") when wacked out Protestants believe the dictates there should be followed to the letter."

is before Christianity, therefore before "whacked out Protestants".
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Whooosh... those (edit: to make clear not ALL Protestants, just these ones) Protestants use the Old Testament to support some of their views, like against homosexuals.

Hell, Mohammad is before Islamic terrorism, so what?
                    Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; November 21, 2006, 19:45.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• No, they don't. Not unless they're idiots, which is possible.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        No, they don't. Not unless they're idiots, which is possible.
                        Um... yes they do. The wacked out ones refer to passages in Leviticus against homosexuals, which is still in the OT, AFAIK.

Comment

• Ok, you go ahead and generalize about Protestants.
                          Sort of takes a lot away from your other argument though.
                          That's what I don't understand, generalizing in a debate against generalizing. This isn't the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            Ok, you go ahead and generalize about Protestants.
                            Sort of takes a lot away from your other argument though.
                            That's what I don't understand, generalizing in a debate against generalizing. This isn't the first time.

I ain't generalizing against Protestants you '****. I'm talking about the wacked out ones that condemn homosexuality and speak of fire and brimestone. That's why I said "wacked out Protestants".

Learn to read, Tex.

Comment

• Originally posted by atawa

Are you realy this ignorant or just trolling?

Wow, you realy are this ignorant, read up on your history and culture, then please reread your posts.

Simply put there is no european behavior and culture, or do you mean the neo-european melting pots you find in the colonies?

Btw, did you know that in the 20's and 30's both jews and black people could ride on the front seat of the bus in Holland?
                              atawa, are you trying to suggest that there was no anti-Semitism in Europe in the 20's and 30's. Europe, not just Germany, has periodicly exterminated the Jews or forced them to leave or die since the dark ages. You cannot deny this. Anti-Semitism is rampant in Europe even today.

As to "European" culture, there are differences from country to country, but there is a lot in common as well. Most of the commonality stems from a shared Christianity and Europe's cultural links to the Romans. The differences stem from the different "tribes" of specific regions. A German and a Frenchman are not from two different worlds as are a European and an Muslim from Africa.
                              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Whooosh... those (edit: to make clear not ALL Protestants, just these ones) Protestants use the Old Testament to support some of their views, like against homosexuals.

Hell, Mohammad is before Islamic terrorism, so what?
                                I say we declare war on the Shia. They are the not true Muslims. Like Mormons of Islam.

Comment

Working...
                                X