X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Shot While Waiting in Line for PlayStation 3

Man Shot While Waiting in Line for PlayStation 3

PUTNAM, Conn. (AP) November 17,2006
    Connecticut State police say two armed suspects tried to rob a line of people waiting to buy the new Playstation 3 gaming console in Putnam and shot one who refused to give up the money.

State police say the two confronted a "bunch of people who were in line" outside a Wal-Mart store shortly after three this morning and demanded money.

One of the patrons resisted and was shot.

Vance says two gunmen fled, and the victim was taken to University of Massachusetts Medical Center in Worcester. There's no immediate word on the victim's condition.

Vance says police were searching for the suspects.

Short supplies of the PS3 and strong demand led to lines of buyers, some waiting for days, outside stores across the country.

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

bleh

These people need to get lives.
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

@ Cali

Comment

How you can line up for hours or even longer for something like this is beyond me.
        Blah

Comment

Sony must be so excited about this.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

This article leaves out all the important details. Does the guy keep his place in line, or does he forfeit it by going to the hospital?
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
              Sony must be so excited about this.
              Because people would kill for the PS3, or because killing potential customers is a way out of production shortages?
              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                This article leaves out all the important details. Does the guy keep his place in line, or does he forfeit it by going to the hospital?
                Indeed important to know! I bet Sony gives him a free PS3 (or maybe Wal-mart does) ...

The robbing-a-line-of-PS3 buyers makes a lot of sense though. They all probably have a decent amount of money (in general), and some probably have $300 in cash ... I see many movies being made of this in the future
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                  I bet Sony gives him a free PS3 (or maybe Wal-mart does) ...
                  I bet they don't, for fear of people lining up and saying "Oh! Could you shoot me too, please??"

Comment

BTW snoopy, you have so much stuff in your location field that it misaligns the start of your message field.

A space inserted before and after the slash in "Organizer/Treasurer" would likely correct it.

Comment

What did I miss!!? Sorry guys, I was in line for days waiting for my new PS3!

Spec.
                      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                        BTW snoopy, you have so much stuff in your location field that it misaligns the start of your message field.

A space inserted before and after the slash in "Organizer/Treasurer" would likely correct it.
                        LOL ... that's not my addition, so go ask DanQ or someone to fix it It looks fine on my screen, perhaps you have an insufficient screen resolution
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

It was just an observation. Yours is the only location field that does it.

Comment

Adding the space seems to have fixed it.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X