No announcement yet.

Bush: "Vietnam offeres lessons for Iraq, we will succeed unless we quit"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I told you. He's going to keep us in Iraq until the day he leaves office. His successor will reap the worst fallout of this debacle.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
      I told you. He's going to keep us in Iraq until the day he leaves office. His successor will reap the worst fallout of this debacle.
      I agree. But then, following that logic for historical parallelism, we can predict the following:

2008 - Owing to the war's unpopularity, White House changes parties. New president is a previously-defeated Veep with zero charisma.

2009 - President Gore authorizes secret bombing of officially-neutral Syria.

2012 - Democratic dirty tricks assure the nomination of the GOP candidate the White House wants to run against: Sen. Sam Brownback. Gore reelected, along with his ethically-challenged veep.

2013 - Secretary of State Holbrook wins Nobel Peace Prize for negotiating treaty between Shiites and Sunnis that no one expects to work. American troops leave Iraq.

2013 (cont.) - Meanwhile, vice president Bill Richardson resigns in the wake of corruption allegations; Gore replaces him with a powerful party stalwart who has served in the House for years.

2014 - Gore resigns. Henry Waxman becomes president.

2015 - Islamicists consolidate power; Iraq is finally united under one government

2016 - President Waxman is defeated by a folksy Southern governor no one has heard of.

2017-2020 - President Huckabee proves to be an utter disaster.

2020 - The Democratic candidate for president, routinely dismissed as too extreme for America, too old for the job, and a bit of a joke, runs on a theme of optimism and renewal for America, while openly embracing liberalism. The term "conservative" becomes an insult and a punchline. Traditional GOP voters desert the party, and the Dems win in a landslide.

January 20, 2021 - Hillary Clinton is sworn in as president.

Does that sound about right?
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

I agree. But then, following that logic for historical parallelism, we can predict the following:

2008 - Owing to the war's unpopularity, White House changes parties. New president is a previously-defeated Veep with zero charisma.

2009 - President Gore authorizes secret bombing of officially-neutral Syria.

2012 - Democratic dirty tricks assure the nomination of the GOP candidate the White House wants to run against: Sen. Sam Brownback. Gore reelected, along with his ethically-challenged veep.

2013 - Secretary of State Holbrook wins Nobel Peace Prize for negotiating treaty between Shiites and Sunnis that no one expects to work. American troops leave Iraq.

2013 (cont.) - Meanwhile, vice president Bill Richardson resigns in the wake of corruption allegations; Gore replaces him with a powerful party stalwart who has served in the House for years.

2014 - Gore resigns. Henry Waxman becomes president.

2015 - Islamicists consolidate power; Iraq is finally united under one government

2016 - President Waxman is defeated by a folksy Southern governor no one has heard of.

2017-2020 - President Huckabee proves to be an utter disaster.

2020 - The Democratic candidate for president, routinely dismissed as too extreme for America, too old for the job, and a bit of a joke, runs on a theme of optimism and renewal for America, while openly embracing liberalism. The term "conservative" becomes an insult and a punchline. Traditional GOP voters desert the party, and the Dems win in a landslide.

January 20, 2021 - Hillary Clinton is sworn in as president.

Does that sound about right?

Comment

Comment

By 2045 we can expect a great economic conference in Baghdad to show off the fruits of state sponsored capitalism in Iraq.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

The admin. could have done something in Iraq, if they had gone in with 300,000 men from the start. This is not a mission that failed because it coulod never succeed, but one that failed through sheer incompetence and placing ideology before reality. That in my eyes makes it far worse.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The U.S. would have done even better if they'd invaded with 0 troops.

Comment

Working...
                X