Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Republican objections to gambling undermine intellectual property rights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's just a function of bill packaging. Would you vote against the "Defense of Our Little Children from Evil Sexual Predators Act?"

That's a far cry from what Oerdin's talking about.

Comment

Not at all. One side completely controlled the agenda. One side completely controlled what legislation came out of Congress by controlling the House & Senate Congress where every bill is completely rewritten. That side had complete control over what legislation was considered, how it was written, what was included, and what was not included.

Time to face the facts. This was a Republican pony and now it is going to bit us in the ass.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

No, the republican pony biting us in the ass here is the WTO.

Comment

Oerdin, you have descended from "one-trick-pony" to "raving loony."

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
            Oh, and filed under 'what to do the next time they **** with our trees.'

And yes, Congress were a bunch of idiots. I'm not sure Antigua would try to ignore intellectual property rights (and I don't think the US would ban tourism to the island in response if it did), but it does seem to be a decision that could lead to interesting consequences. For example, some Asian countries may try to set up online gambling sites and try to use the Aruba decision to say well our ignoring of US intellectual property is ok (even though they'd been doing it well before this decision).
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              You say that as though the two categories were mutually exclusive...he can be both.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                3 out of 7 is one trick is it? OK Kuci, you are officially back in the idiot box for never having anything useful to say.

Comment

I love how he doesn't defend himself on the "raving loony" charge

Comment

Mostly because, like everything you say, it isn't worth bothering. Thus you are now back on ignore.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X