Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are they going to give Iraq to Iran and Syria?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are they going to give Iraq to Iran and Syria?

On the news I've seen it discussed how Iran and Syria, as regional powers, need to be involved in the peace process to reach a solution. Aren't they already involved as the the problem? If you're going to give the place away why not give it to the Turks? They've had it before...they could use the oil and are a secular government.

Discuss.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

If you can't hold it what the **** makes you think the Turks can?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

My theory at least has a rationale. Why would they "give" Iraq to the Turks?
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

why not?

Or maybe we should give it to china. That would be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
          If you can't hold it what the **** makes you think the Turks can?
          Maybe they're more ruthless... How big, manpower-wise, is the Turkish Army?
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun

Maybe they're more ruthless... How big, manpower-wise, is the Turkish Army?
            Turkish Army (Turkish: Türk Kara Kuvvetleri) is a branch of the Turkish Armed Forces. Turkish Army is one of the largest standing armies in the world and the second largest army of NATO. The total number of troops is around 750,000. Turkish Army can deploy an Army Corps of 100,000 men to conduct joint operations at short notice. The Army can conduct air assault operations with a lift capability of up to 7 battalions at a time, day and night.

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Turks will not be welcomed by the only pro-western group of three main, Kurds (Assyrians are probably pro-western as well). Nor by anyone else, really.
              Syria has her own problems, and Iran...
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

I like the idea. Muslims can kill Muslims with impunity so the Turks will be able to suppress the insurgency much better than the US.
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

This is all fine and good, but you're going with the assumption that anyone would want Iraq.
                  For what? Toxic waste disposal?
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I hear they have oil...
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Well, Christmas is coming. But maybe a gift certificate would be easier.
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

You know... I don't think adding troops from all of Iraq's former colonial masters is the right way to go about pacifying the country.
                        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                        X