No announcement yet.

The war on drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cousin got stopped at the Canadian border and was found to be carrying marijuana (he is a pothead, and had some in his folder, which was sitting on the dashboard of his car).

He got fined $4XX dollars, I don't think anything else negative happened to him.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

What a ****ing idiot.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Right, I'm most certainly making an ideological claim to the subject that you should be able to do what you want with your body. FOr example there are drugs that do create problems to OTHERS, like crack. This is about the only good arguemnt there is that all drugs should not be legal tomorrow. But this is it.

About marijuana, there's tons of people using it. Tons and tons. I don't see why dealing it would be legal, I mean if you are not growing it yourself and selling, you are buying it from someone and reselling it, well that starts to constitute criminal enterprise where the key guys are pretty large and do all kinds of violations on so many people on all levels so it is not a good thing to do in the first place.

But other than that, I don't see what the problem is. If you would for example produce your own pot, I don't see the problem. The problem that is heavy enough for laws to intervene what you are doing in your own time and with yourself and no one else. That just makes no sense at all.

So it is hypocritical and therefore such law should not stand high year after year. It is the feeling that if it is legalized, millions of people start doing it and the society goes to crappers... chaos. Well millions of people already do it and it's not really a big deal.

If we had millions of more crackheads, that would be a big problem.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

oh yeah, and since I can't even smoke marijuana because it makes me feel nausea and that is all, I am promoting your freedom to do it. Damn it.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Question 7 failed in my state big time.

It would have legalized up to 1 ounce of marijuana for personal use and allowed the creation of establishments to sell marijuana which could be taxed.

I'm still not sure what the fed would do if it passed. They threatened to cut off funding to our state before. Which is extortion in my book. But I guess the feds can get away with that ****.

Comment

Some drugs just cannot be tolerated in a society because of the knock-on effects. Crack destroyed whole neighborhoods in DC and you still see amped-up desperate people walking the streets from time to time.
              Crack was a product of the drug war, and pointing to the results of the drug war to argue for the drug war is illogical. Crack may or may not have been developed if drugs were legal, but making drugs illegal created a huge monetary incentive that did not exist before prohibition. That led to more compact and more concentrated drugs since pot is easy to detect. But if you're going to argue based on "society's needs", take a look at homicide rates for the 20th century and take note that the rate is roughly twice as high during drug wars - during the 20s and since the 70s.

A big argument can be made about mj, but provisionally I'm of the opinion that few enough people use mj that it can be outlawed without too much negative impact on society.
              Why would you want to have a negative impact upon society? The rest of us have to live with the increased violence

Comment

Originally posted by Flip McWho
                Conspiracy theories don't really help the legalise pov.
                Do you really think they'd persue such a destructive policy for decades, if they didn't have an ulterior motive?

They're Machavellian, not retards (except the neocons). Retards can't hold onto power, they'd f### up as much as Bush.

Here's what an x LA narc, Michael Ruppert. says. He's got a great book, Crossing the Rubbicon, half about narcodollars, half about 9/11

the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) held a closed door hearing.....
                I have been saying for years that you could show a video of George Bush ordering drug runs, CIA agents laundering money and flying airplanes full of drugs and no one in power would do anything about it. They would not be able to. In this issue I will tell you, and the House, about something almost as damning - a partially authenticated letter, written on CIA letterhead and stamped "Top Secret", ostensibly written and signed by CIA Director William J. Casey in late 1986, that admits to direct participation in the drug trade [SEE STORY THIS ISSUE]. I have been aware of the existence of this letter for approximately five months. I have had it read to me in its entirety. It was not until I was given this last chance by HPSCI to present "all of the information of which you are aware on the allegations" that I was able to obtain an "On the Record" statement...
                Why? Again, the answer is simpler than you might think. While the Department of Justice estimates that $100 billion in drug funds are laundered in the U.S. each year, other research, including research material from the Andean Commission of Jurists cited by author Dan Russell in his soon to be published book Drug War place the figure at around $250 billion per year. Catherine Austin Fitts places the figure at $250 to $300 billion. Given the fact that the UN estimated that in the early 1990s world retail volume in the illegal drugs was $440 billion, $250 billion seems about right. Fitts, using her Wall Street experience as an investment banker is then quick to point out that the multiplier effect (x6) of $250 billion laundered would result in $1.5 trillion dollars per year in U.S. cash transactions resulting from the drug trade. How many jobs does $1.5 trillion represent? Why do President's get re-elected? As Bill Clinton's staff recognized in 1992, "It's the economy -Stupid!"

Comment

Well being strong on the war on drugs, that's a definite vote catcher right there.

In here, you do NOT want to promote any kind of tolerance, not at all. YOu will NEVER get into any office if you do, in fact you will be literally ****ed for life if you even try that, you will be crusified in public. I'm serious. Even if we talk about marijuana. It's the same as everything else, evil, evil, evil, satanic.

So, even if you know better, you will never want to talk about this. You want to avoid the subject or just say NO.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                  X