I have 50$ to spend at Dell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have 50$ to spend at Dell

I wanted an external hard drive, so I cashed in some of my rewards points off my credit card to get a 50$ coupon to Dell (applicable only to products in the Electronics and Accessories section)

I ordered the hard drive last night, but the coupon didn't go through (while the order did). I called customer service today, and they couldn't apply the coupon, but they did give me 30$ back onto my credit card while letting me keep the coupon for next time.

So what should I spend it on? I'm willing to go up to 50-100$ above the price of the coupon (spending that much of my own money) for the right item.

I was thinking of an external DVDRW drive. Any other suggestions?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Buy an enclosure and an internal DVD-RW drive, it's cheaper (same for the external hard drive if they hadn't given you $30 back). Internal drives go for $30 or so on Newegg.

If you have a decent entertainment setup, the Logitech Harmony 880 is an excellent remote. Retails for $200-250, but Dell has it on sale for $130 (or did, last week).
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Buy a nice mouse or keyboard. You'll probably appreciate it far more often.

Comment

The Logitech MX Revolution mouse is badass, too.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I have never once noted my keyboard or mouse in a negative manner (despite the fact that the keyboard is a cheap-ass bundled dell and the mouse is a 10$ logitech optical)
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Re: I have 50$ to spend at Dell

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            I ordered the hard drive last night, but the coupon didn't go through (while the order did). I called customer service today, and they couldn't apply the coupon, but they did give me 30$ back onto my credit card while letting me keep the coupon for next time.
            You settled for that? I'd call customer service back and go up the food chain until someone can actually help you.

Of course, that depends on why the coupon didn't go through... their fault or yours?
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Wireless keyboard and mouse.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Ergonomic mice

Comment

Buckling-spring mechanical keyboards:

I love mine, and I'd pay a lot to get my hands on a genuine Model M.

Comment

There's a few Model Ms around the office -- mostly from older ex-IBMers. Brilliant keyboards, if a bit ugly by today's standards.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

FWIW, this is the modern version of the Model M: http://www.pckeyboard.com/customizer.html
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Thanks for the link, but I doubt they have any mechanism for delivering to India. But the one I have right now is quite good - I think it'll last for another five or so years without giving me any trouble.

Comment

If UPS or FedEx deliver to India, then it should work.

Comment

Most companies will ship world wide on Internet orders.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Re: I have 50$ to spend at Dell

Originally posted by Stuie

You settled for that? I'd call customer service back and go up the food chain until someone can actually help you.

Of course, that depends on why the coupon didn't go through... their fault or yours?
                              a) I don't see the big deal. I got 30 free dollars out of this. Technically, I got 20$ buys me a 50$ rebate at Dell. Seems like a decent deal. It almost seems worth the hassle to get that extra money. I spent 12 minutes on the phone with them to get it. Half of that was repeating the rebate code to the customer service representative, as English was not her first language (duh).

b) I'm not certain whether it was my fault or their fault.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X