Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three basic questions for WindowsXP

Regarding interface:

1.) For viewing files or folders within a folder, how can I ensure that the folders list ALWAYS appears as the default, rather than the tasks list?

2.) I want all files, across my entire computer (EXCEPT the desktop) - to always view as a list, as opposed to icons.

3.) For opening and saving files - how would one customize the opening window to open much larger; ie.) span the entire horizontal width of the viewed desktop?

Thanks guys. Much appreciated

I want all files, across my entire computer (EXCEPT the desktop) - to always view as a list, as opposed to icons.

Go to "My Computer" and click on "View" at the Menu Bar on top... then click on list.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Holy **** do I feel like a luddite, after that one

Thanks Imran

Comment

Control Panel -> Folder Options also has some interesting folder options.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I don't think 3) is really possible, as I think most/all applications call the Open... dialog on their own, and control the size/position independently. I don't think there is a default setting for it ... not that I could find in the registry, anyway.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
            Control Panel -> Folder Options also has some interesting folder options.
            It keeps me entertained for hours.
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Working...
            X