... and how conspiracy theorists shot themselves in the foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... and how conspiracy theorists shot themselves in the foot

To me it seems like many of these so called conspiracy theorists have a hobby, and that is to seek conspiracy in every single thing. The most insane debates must inside the conspiracy theorists themselves... NO it was the illuminati.. NO you idiot it was the secret Nazi base on the back of the moon... Actually it was mind control...

So how do they shoot themselves in the foot? Well, some make good points, however, one good point comes with 9 extremely insane points, which kinds of destroys the one good point. So they effectively destroy their own theories, or parts of them which might be even valid. So they appear insane and they basically enforce the 'there are no conspiracies' side with their insanity. Who would take them seriously? I know I don't. But if you get that one good point, you put a stamp on your forehead that says 'conspiracy theorist nut'. So they really do the opposite service.

Take Alex Jones. He has some wild fantasies about the world, UN, that was supposedly set up by US government as global elite, so they can rule the world. Population control, UN being responsible for killing people, starting wars, spreading viruses and whatnot.. I mean that's pretty wild. And why would they do that? Well, depending on what day it is or what just happened, it can be for example ... well population control, because we are developing technologies to extend human life, so it becomes a problem if we have too many people in the first place. SO, this ruling elite, new world order, is desperately seeking for methods to have close to immortal lives and so they have to do population control via UN, global government they set up with their calculations during WWII. Illuminati is also mentioned quite frequently. How is this proved?

Well, he says time after time that there is excellent proof that can not be refuted and he will show it. But he never really gets to that. I mean, the proof of how UN is global government ruled by elite as in the context he talks about. As in conspiracy context. He never backs any of this stuff up. All these important little parts like the motives and the structure of this new world order is .. well just men in the dark. So any action is basically a result from this, so as grand theory, it only plays with the actual current events that result from this.. unproven and wild scenario.

No matter what happens, that elite will always benefit from it. Disaster, war, tax cut, new tax.. what ever it is, they benefit from it somehow.

So it's extremely difficult to take him seriously, even when he pointed out few interesting details that might be true in world events. But so what? He destroys his own game with his own mouth.

It really saddens me to see this in action. I'm a bit familiar with surveillance and the whole concept down to technique and technology and the society as well as things such as area control and these kinds of things, they're part of my education. So it definitely does not consist of conspiracy theories at all. Some of that stuff is obviously a bit worrying, however, conspiracy loonies really take the light off of those important questions and spin it to their own insane theories, which from experience when it comes to surveillance, counter surveillance etc is totally out of a comic book. Yet they do bring that one good fact, somehow they were able to get it, but they also brought that bag of insanity wiht them and 9 other extremely weird concepts and thus destroy the possibility of there ever being a good constructive debate.

You can go and talk about stuff, an ordinary person does not know how it is conducted, there is way more than just cameras, CCTVs etc.. there's the whole profiling aspect etc, so when you would bring that up, an ordinary person either does not care or think you are some kind of conspiracy theorist. OR they draw WILD conclusions, and make it a conspiracy. Or you have yourself a loonie who already is a nut, so the next 'yeah I heard about that, it's part of the illuminati that killed 2pac'. wtf? No dude.. this is just.. forget it.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Re: ... and how conspiracy theorists shot themselves in the foot

Originally posted by Pekka
    So how do they shoot themselves in the foot? Well, some make good points, however, one good point comes with 9 extremely insane points, which kinds of destroys the one good point. So they effectively destroy their own theories, or parts of them which might be even valid. So they appear insane and they basically enforce the 'there are no conspiracies' side with their insanity. Who would take them seriously? I know I don't. But if you get that one good point, you put a stamp on your forehead that says 'conspiracy theorist nut'. So they really do the opposite service.
    Well, a good deal of these cats claim the 9 you speak of are actually government/UN/illuminati/NWO/Freemason/S&B/j00/whathaveyou agents deliberately disseminating ridiculous theories so as to discredit the community as a whole.

(Not my personal belief, just thought I'd throw in their usual response to your point.)
    Unbelievable!

Comment

Pekka was just told by the Secret Military Comission of the Homeland to post this in order to distract us from the fact that UN troops are being deployed to YOUR home town, right now, with a secret invisibility cloak so that when they give YOUR WIVES ABORTIONS you won't know a thing!!!1
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

There's only one problem. UN troops. I don't think they'll be doing abortions, they'll be setting up them sex slave thing..
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Question: why doesn't the US government tell us what really happened in Roswell?

Question: why are there no stars visible in the Apollo moon pictures?

Question: where was the plane that crashed into the Pentagon on 911?

Question: how come that the fact that those people that call themselves Suomi actually are descendants from the Hollow Earth inhabitants is suppressed by both the science community and the UN?

Question: why is Markos Gianopoulis still able to claim that Macedonia doesn't exist?
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

Answer: They have, Project Mogul was de-classified in 1994.
            Answer: The sun was shining. Cameras were set for daylight exposure.
            Answer: Torn to shreds

Answer: Because the disclosure of these facts would cause widespread panic and threaten the very existence of life as we know it.
            Answer: Noone really knows, it´s a greek thing.
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Darius got it: UN makes use of these nutcases in order to discredit every possible criticism and clearing up their TRUE dark manipulations. The ruling elites, thus, profit from conspiracy theorists.

FACT
              "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
              "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

UN are in fact only a puppet government for their reptilian humanoid masters of the Illuminati.
                Last edited by Zoid; November 13, 2006, 04:25.
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Zoid
                  Answer: They have, Project Mogul was de-classified in 1994.
                  Answer: The sun was shining. Cameras were set for daylight exposure.
                  Answer: Torn to shreds

Answer: Because the disclosure of these facts would cause widespread panic and threaten the very existence of life as we know it.
                  Answer: Noone really knows, it´s a greek thing.
                  Great answers!

"It's a greek thing."

Comment

I find it hillarious how conspiracy nuts ignore anything that goes against thier crap as "propaganda from the powers that be." Circular reasoning at it's finest.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                      I find it hillarious how conspiracy nuts ignore anything that goes against thier crap as "propaganda from the powers that be." Circular reasoning at it's finest.
                      Funny thing is, that's very similar to what religionistas say, too...
                      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed

Funny thing is, that's very similar to what religionistas say, too...
                        QFT.

Comment

Therefore, religionistas are all conspiracy theorists?
                          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Well, there's that big omnipotent entity that controls everything, and the only reason we have some freedom is because this entity allows it

And in any case, it'll judge us all, EVEN AFTER OUR DEATHS!!1 TEHRE'S NO ESCAPE!!1
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

My personal view is expressend in a little Zen saying "Things are as they apear to be" along with the first rule of marketing "People are stupid" my world view is cynical and realistic. The horors of reality are quite enough of their own and are realy quite a bit worse then the senarios of conspiracy theorists.

I belive the world is run by a greedy, stupid, powerhungry individuals who have explited the ignorant masses from the begining of time. All people are oportunistic, selfish and suceptable to Orwelian double-think which guarantees an endless cycle of incompetent goverments falling victim to public disatisfaction. Goverment is simply not intelectualy or orginizationaly capable of pulling of the concpiracies atributed to it. If it was capable of doing thouse kinds of things we wouldn't see such incompetence elseware and a leadership with that kind of inteligence would be far more benevilent then the comicly evil motivations atributed to leaders of a conspiracy.

To Sumarize

MEDIOCRITY WILL ALWAYS TRIUMPH BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE DUMB
                              Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                              X