Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totalitarianism: our political enemies committed no crime, so we must chsnge the law!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I think Stew has a point here...I find it very worrying that when our government doesn't get its own way, it wants to move the goalposts. I know the BNP can be a nasty bunch but what they were tried for was really quite insignificant (I am sure I have probably said worse about religion on here somewhere) and quite naturally they weren't going to be found guilty for this.

What I am far more worried about that by changing the laws to cover what this trial has been about, I, too, could be culpable for the comments I make which are well reasoned opinions.

I am getting fed up with Blair and his government's heavy-handed way with dealing with everything
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
      ...was it someone else who implied that black people are genetically predisposed to crime? I'm too lazy to check.
      That sounds more trademark of Caligastia...someone who I feel is actually more innately racist than Stew...
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

These tree huggers have always been intolerant against anyone who is not with them. They don't understand the concept of different opinions. They understand the right opinion and then bunch of wrong opinions.

They think they march in the front rows of acceptance and ultimate good.. but when ever you pose yourself as the ultimate good, you're effectively labeling everyone else bad. So where's the good in that? All I see is more black and white.

In their tolerance fits, they would gladly abolish anything that they see is controversial. They throw their own brains in the gutter, it is enough for me to say listen buddy, I'm quite offended by... and they'll run to your aid, throwing lefts and rights, thinking they are freeing the slaves, opening the gates of concentration camps and fighting all these evil characters and merchants of hate.

Well, in reality they are nothing but ***** ass punks, just as bad as anyone else, except they ride the ivory towers, so they really think their **** don't stink.

That's why I personally enjoy seeing these people get hurt, injured, beaten up and submitted in different videos, I love to hear how they first shout and are as constructive as they always are and then get beaten up. They deserve the be confronted with moderate violence and recieve bodily harm and physical injuries.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

You're calling our beloved regime 'tree huggers'. They are posing as a left-wing party but make no mistake, they are as right-wing as anything Thatcher could muster up.
          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

To be honest, I'm not very familiar with your system or current leadership.

I just wanted to bash tree huggers.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I just wanted to bash tree huggers.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

While certainly the speeches were "intollerant," I am thoroughly shocked and appalled that any "free" government would try to silence that speech through the legal process. Speech, in my humble opinion, must be unregulated by the government in any manner, otherwise you do not have free speech. You instead do have a form of thought control where non standard ideas are outlawed.

Britain clearly is not a free land.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

That' would be speech control, not thought control, since it doesn't stop people thinking
                  Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                    That' would be speech control, not thought control, since it doesn't stop people thinking
                    If a person cannot say what he thinks because of fear, that is thought control.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

No, speech control
                      Blah

Comment

Aren't they connected, at least in principle?

Comment

It's lucky that we at least have Orwell to help guard, in principle at least, against the concept of 'thought crimes'. Thought control is an extension of speech control. If you're not allowed to say something, you're not supposed to think it either.

We are heading towards a situation where anything that anybody deems offensive is a crime. It is part of a creeping authoritarianism where a strict orthodoxy is intolerant of dissenting views, and where the orthodoxy is frequently driven by emotional forces rather than rational ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            PA

"Hate" laws
                            Seconded.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              It's far more sensible to repeal laws like this.
                              As explained above (albeit with less-than-ideal clarity), I wasn't talking about hate laws in specific, but the process in general. Saying "they changed the law when they realized it did not criminalize what they considered criminal behavior, they must be TOTALITARIAN!" is absurd. I think the law in question is fairly stupid, but then so's the reasoning in this thread's title.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I find it ironic that some of these tolerance promoters are actually very intolerant, and are ready to change everything in order of their agenda and it's ok. IF you are against that, you are a racist, nazi or what ever. They deserve a beating for their positioning.
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X