L.a.p.d.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DinoDoc
    Whatever. It's quite obvious from the video he was breathing just fine.

No, it is not. He sounds like he's hyperventilating, he's stretched, making it hard for him to exhale, and he's got someone's shin across his throat. He's clearly panicking.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That kind of political police brutality has been going on a long time, my father was at the DNC Chicago Convention in '68, and he said it was as bad as the media said it was. IIRC, the FTAA police cheif had a past, he was imported intentionally to brutalise protesters.

Police have beaten up protesters in Eureka, I doubt the protesters provoked them, and I've heard cries of police brutality in those circumstances, although I lack hard evidence.

Comment

That was an awfully short clip, I want to see want see more video leading up to that point. But until i see more,I have no problems with the cops beating on some left wing soft on crime yahoo who is not showing the cops some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          Do they teach cops to punch people in the face repeatedly?
          No, they're not. Or at least I wasn't. It could be different for that department, but I would think that there would be alternatives to punching someone, such as pressure points. On watching the video again, I see the main one I use is covered by his knee (I forget the technical term, but its a bundle of nerves about an inch under the ear and kinda behind the upper jaw), which I would say is actually on the side of his neck and along the chin (but it is lower than I would have put it).

Near the end of the clip, the officer does go to cover and resecure his weapon because the suspects hands were in the area.

It's a close call IMO, because of the repeated punching to the face, but like others have said, there maybe extenuating circumstances that required speed over technique.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Cops gone Wild!

At the end of Clinton's term, he authorised funding for 100,000 cops nationwide. After 9/11, he had his "antiterrorism task force" convince cities that they could do anything they want to, so corportae theives decided they could beat up whomever they liked. I doubt Eureka is the only city in the US facing multimillion dollar lawsuits.

Anybody see the movie or read the book Serpico? Cops join the force to get at the evidence locker, some get hooked as undercover cops. They can't fake sampling the goods, or they'd get killed. This cop had the same kind of interest in law and order as Mark Foley has in kids.

Comment

I have a dream that someday police will punch people in the face regardless of race or religion.
              APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                the cops in sd are so bored they spend their time pullin over drivers accusing them of drunk driving and then refusing to breathalize them, prefering to haul them to the station for a chemical test.
                There was the problem that someone won a lawsuit saying that the breathalizers could be influenced by the officers themselves. Thus the whole legitamacy of that generation of breathalizers was brought into question. There was/is new completely automated breathalizers which the officer can't influence but supposedly they were expensive so until they could be rolled out the cops were resorting to doing the old fashioned blood test.

Of course even the blood test can be disallowed by a good lawyer since it might be 30-45 minutes after the guy got pulled over when they actually draw blood. That means it isn't the blood alcohol level at the time of driving. Since it takes a while for alcohol to enter the blood stream if a person has one glass just before leaving a restaurant (or finishes a glass which has been sitting on the table all dinner), then gets in the car & gets pulled over, he likely wasn't over the 0.08 legal limit at the time of driving. However, since the blood was drawn 45 minutes later the alcohol has had time to enter the blood stream so it comes back 0.1 (which is about 2 glasses of wine) and he gets a DUI.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                X