Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have to confess. I hate Diebald voting machines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to confess. I hate Diebald voting machines.

So the reliable old scantron voting machines have been replaced by unaccountable Diebald electionic voting machines in San Diego. The old machines had voters use a #2 pencil (provided) to fill in extremely large boxes (made large so all people could see them clearly) and then a scantron machine counted the ballot before the voter left giving the voter a reciept so that s/he could review the vote before s/he left. That system was done away with and replaced with the contraversial Diebald voting machines which have been proven to be hackable and unsafe.

At the last minute the state ordered Diebald to install a paper printer so that ballots could be recounted should the vote be tampered with, however, voters are NEVER allowed to review the actual printed record so there is no assurances that the people who the voters vote for actually is what is printed. The openness for electronic voter fraud and abuse should be clear. I myself found the Diebald touch screens to be unreliable. Three times on two different offices I touched the screen to indicate I voted for the Democrat and on each of those times I saw my vote switch to the Republican. On two of those times the Republican was two spots below the Democrat yet my vote STILL switched to the Republican!

I caught all three times since I knew Diebald machines were faulty but I doubt all voters did. Unlike others I do not believe Diebald deliberately favors Republicans; I just think they make faulty and completely unreliable electronic voting machines which should NEVER be used in any election. Unfortunately, the Republicans controlled Congress has virtually mandated Diebald machines in every Federal election in the US. The very fact that I can NEVER see what the machine prints and claims is my voting record is a problem as is the fact which Diebald machines have been proven to be be easily hackable so that the voting record is easily changed by anyone with a internet access and a disire to do so means Diebald machines cannot be trusted.

With something as important as or god given right to vote I would think people would be more concerned but it appears making sure votes count and that the counted votes were actually what voters intended is not a priority for the Republican controlled Congress. I doubt Democrats can change this since they control just half of the Congress and the Republicans controll the other 2.5 branches of government. In short, I am losing my faith that America's democracy is actually free and fair.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

For those of you wondering yesterday was the first day I ever voted on a Diebald machine. I was left believing that the vote was less safe then with the old system because I could NEVER verify that the printed record was printing exactly what I was telling it to print. I'm especially concerned since there have been so many reports that the Diebald machines were unsafe, easily hackable, and completely unreliable. The solution is to change the voting methods back to a system such as the scantron forms which voters in places like California have always used. The current Congressionally mandated use of Diebald machines is onerous especially since the owner of Diebald is such an outspoken Republican and that he has donated such vast amounts of money to the Republican controlled Congress. It is simply an unsafe way for our nation to vote.

Comment

"god given right to vote" ?

Kind of funny.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It's Diebold...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          It's Diebold...
          No. Oerdin likes the Diebold machines. He hates the Diebald ones.

They must be knockoffs from Hong Kong.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

No. Oerdin likes the Diebold machines. He hates the Diebald ones.

They must be knockoffs from Hong Kong.
            anti sino-ite.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

anti sino-ite.
              I've uncovered evidence of a Chinese conspiracy aimed at disenfranchising men with hair loss.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I too vote against electronic voting machines and thinning hair.

Comment

Yeah, more people should learn from the Terminator movies!
                  Blah

Comment

We use (uniquely numbered) paper ballots, that people write X on in pencil and that are then counted by hand by actual genuine humans.

I like it as a system. Sure, it has it's problems, but at least you have a very clear paper trail.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

only backwards countries use something else than paper and pen.

Good luck with propietary software and no right to know how it works
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I heard somewhere that Venezuela controls like 70% of the voting machine companies in the US.

So, how do we like Hugo Chavez deciding our elections?
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

We've come a long way from parties stuffing ballot boxes
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            "god given right to vote" ?

Kind of funny.
                            Indeed, how could something that doesn't exist create the 'right to vote'...
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

American voting is too complex . Some sort of voter registration, or what have you, machines that don't work properly... here, all it takes me is to go to a precinct, have my name recorded, put a ballot in the envelope, that's it. No registration, no waiting for the voting machine to reboot or such .
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                              X