Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which printer should I buy ?

I want to buy a printer for my PC .

The usage pattern is a bit irregular - I might go fifteen days without printing anything , and then might print 30 pages in one day . So I want something with ink tanks that don't dry up easily , not ink cartridges that do .

I need it to work perfectly under Linux , so I'd prefer a HP or Epson printer .

I want it under a hundred dollars .

Which one should I go for ?

Epson Stylus CX3810 All-in-One Inkjet Printer
    Price: $79.99
    Less Rebate: - $30.00
    Final Price: $49.99*

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Thanks ! I'll look into that line of printers . Does that one use cartridges or tanks ?

Comment

"Take control of ink usage with Individual Ink Cartridges"
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

OK .

Comment

A lot of the people here spend more money on acne medicine.

Comment

Get a laser printer instead. They're a bit more expensive, but you save money down the line.
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I usually stick with HP. I was using a Deskjet 3745 but now have a PSC 1410 printer/scanner/copier. I can go for a couple of months without printing anything and they haven't dried up on me (with the original cartridges, don't know about cheap refills).

Not sure about current prices but both were under 100 euros from the local Tesco supermarket.
                Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Working...
                X