Xbox live to offer movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox live to offer movies

Microsoft recently announced that it has partnered with a number of major companies in order to provide TV shows and high-def movies for purchase on its Xbox Live service. The list of companies includes CBS, MTV Networks, Paramount Pictures, Turner Broadcasting System Inc. (TBS Inc.), Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

TV shows will be regular purchases, tied to your profile, while the HD movies will be more like rentals. Movies will remain on the Xbox 360 hard drive for 14 days after being downloaded, after which time they'll be deleted. Once a movie starts playing, you'll have 24 hours to watch it before the license expires.

This service will launch on November 22, the 360's one-year anniversary. Microsoft promises 1,000 hours of content by the end of 2006, with 200 of that being available in HD.

“This groundbreaking announcement is a win for everyone,” said Peter Moore, corporate vice president of the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft. “It connects our partners with one of the most coveted audiences in entertainment today, and provides even greater value to our Xbox Live community, allowing them to enjoy the games and entertainment they want, when they want it.”

Here's a look at some titles that will be available by the end of 2006. You can also check out the picture below for a nicer-looking idea of what to expect.

* “Robot Chicken” and “Aqua Teen Hunger Force” from Adult Swim
    * “CSI,” “Survivor” and “Star Trek” from CBS
    * Emmy and Peabody award-winning “South Park” and “Chappelle’s Show” from COMEDY CENTRAL
    * “The Real World” and “Pimp My Ride” from MTV
    * “Avatar: The Last Airbender” and ”SpongeBob SquarePants” from Nickelodeon
    * “Skyland” and “The Nicktoons Network Animation Festival” from Nicktoons Network
    * “M:i:III,” Nacho Libre” and “Jackass: The Movie” from Paramount Pictures
    * “Carpocalypse” and “Raising the Roofs” from Spike TV
    * “Race Rewind” provided by NASCAR.COM
    * Select episodes of the original season of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality series and the “UFC: All Access” shows from the UFC
    * “Breaking Bonaduce” and “Hogan Knows Best” from VH1
    * “The Matrix,” “Superman Returns” and “Batman Forever” from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment
    Nice

Plus Gears of War is coming out soon! And it's getting great reviews .

Does anybody who download movies off the internet know how big these files are. The hard drive is only 20 gigs, and only 15 is usable. How many movies can that hold?
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Nice, but I wonder what the pricing policy will be. After all, you can only keep them for so long, once you start it's 24h etc.. it sucks if they are regular price, for example UFC event, I'd be interested in that but not if it costs like 30 dollars. YOu can buy the PPV for 40 or so, but that's live and you can still tape that mofo.

Or the DVD, that will be like .. 30, but with extras and it's a DVD. IT should be priced below the DVD. Then I'd be interested.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

All of that info is in the thread linked above.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Well, there kinda like rentals. Renting a movie around here costs ~3$. Hopefully they will charge a reasonable price.
          Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

All of that info is in the thread linked above.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yes, I know. You posted while I was writing my post. I reported to Ming to close or delete this thread.

Comment

Working...
              X