stupid browser problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid browser problem

I use firefox 2.0 and sometimes when I go to websites, I get the source. If I reload the page, the website then loads correctly.

But on some sites, like Youtube, sometimes some videos just give me the source page and I can't go around that. I can try reloading million times and I just get the source. I know the videos are working.

I've gone through the configurations but I have either missed something or can't figure out what is wrong.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Firefox with an anomaly?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What extensions do you use?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

None, except talkback 2.0 but that is disabled at the moment. I guess this is some kind of default extension anyway.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Opera
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

Doesn't opera cost money?
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

To me it sounds like he's got a server problem, recommending he us Opera is like asking somebody stuck in rush hour traffic to buy a Lada.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Right. But I should mention I've been having these problems for some time now, few months. However, this comes a problem when using YouTube most of the times.

It's not an issue of bandwidth though.
                In da butt.

Comment

From what I recall, in old versions of browsers it was a problem when browsers didn't properly know how to handle a file (either due to browser setup or due to the hosting server not properly announcing the filetype). However, reloading didn't fix it then ...

Perhaps you have FF set up to require proper XHTML or something like that, that is causing it to error out when some pages misbehave in their coding?
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                    Doesn't opera cost money?
                    It hasn't for a good long while. At least version 7.5.

Like, two? years ago.
                    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      To me it sounds like he's got a server problem, recommending he us Opera is like asking somebody stuck in rush hour traffic to buy a Lada.
                      No, that would be recommending IE.

Opera would be recommending at tricked-out Honda.
                      B♭3

Comment

Working...
                      X