How should Saddam Die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should Saddam Die?

Normally, I'm a bleeding heart who argues against the death penalty. I must admit a bit of blood lust this time tho. He's gonna die by hanging, how quaint, I want you to choose

My choice: gulliotine

Softie. A blood eagle will just suit fine.

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

We've had a thread on this

I remember people arguing that it won't be by firing squad cause thats a military execution and we don't wanna execute a common criminal with a military style execution. Looks like they were right.

I'd throw an Roman triumph in washington and kill him as the finale.

Comment

Probably using the blood eagle method, what a nasty way to go.

Comment

Victims of the blood-eagle ritual, as mentioned in skaldic poetry and the Norse sagas, are believed to have included King Ælla (Ella) of Northumbria, Halfdan son of King Haraldr Hárfagri of Norway, King Edmund, King Maelgualai of Munster, and possibly Archbishop Ælfheah.

Good idea, but shouldn't be used for this reason.

How about drawn and quartered?
          Buried up to his chin on a beach at low tide?
          Cut a hole in his stomach, pull his intestines out, and stake it to the ground and wait for predators?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I say, strip him naked, set him down by helicopter somewhere in Shi'ite Iraq, give him a half hour head start, and then announce where you left him.

Leave the rest up to the will of Allah.

Comment

I think hanging is just fine and dandy.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                Buried up to his chin on a beach at low tide?
                Oh that is just so 1982.

Unbelievable!

Comment

Well, Sloww, you may have a point - too much honour given to him buy using the blood eagle.

Maybe the best is to convert it to a life sentence and let him rot in a solitary cell amongst common criminals. That would be the ultimate humilitation to him and his followers.
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Again, the security risks. Can't do it.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Combine it with Zkribbler's idea - only Shi'ite inmates as his fellow inmates. That should improve security

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Lethal injection, muck around with the corpse afterwards.

I'm of the mind that if you believe in an afterlife then any pain inflicted in this life is irrelevant, and if you don't believe in an afterlife then any pain inflicted in this life is also irrelevant (i.e., you get another minute of discomfort prior to your being dispatched to oblivion). Unless you're trying to set an example or something ("don't commit mass-murder or you might be painfully executed a few decades later") then whatevah, the "how would you kill Saddam" question is really no different than the "how would you kill a resurrected Hitler" question that we had (locked) a few years back.
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Cement his legs in a block of cement, tie metal chains around his torso and get a tank to pull thrm. And put a US flag over his head.
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Privately.
                            Slowly.
                            And make it so he can see his death coming.
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Quickly and painlessly as possible.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X