The most evil flavour in the world : Coriander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most evil flavour in the world : Coriander

I typed "Why does coriander taste completely evil" into Google and the first entry was this place: http://ihatecilantro.com/

I have found my spiritual home on the internet.

I like coriander! Especially in omelettes
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Cilantro rocks.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The trouble is, that the damn, vile spreading weed has become so fashionable that it is put into foodstuffs everywhere without being declared an ingredient.

Ordering a meal from any restaurant these days is a dangerous business without an explicit promise from the chef that there will be no coriander in it.

As one fellow-sufferer put it :

"Oh, disgusting, vile plague that assaults the palette like essence from a mountain of sweaty rotten gym socks soaked in floor wax, how I abhor you!

Cilantro, coriander, chinese parsely, you have proven that the devil still has a strong grap on beings of this world. To taste but a flake of your foul foliage is what one can only imagine it must be like to lick Satan's armpit.

Comment

Coriander and cilantro taste very different, actually...
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Cilantro . I agree with Slow, it rocks.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
              Coriander and cilantro taste very different, actually...
              Are they not two words for the same thing?

Comment

Now I'm hungry for beef fajitas. :drool:
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Cilantro is magic. It's the key to decent Vietnamese and Mexican food.

And yes, coriander's pretty different.
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

Are they not two words for the same thing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cilantro
                    It's become the general trend to use coriander to refer to the seeds of the plant in question and cilantro to refer to the leaves of the plant.

They have two different tastes.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                      It's become the general trend to use coriander to refer to the seeds of the plant in question and cilantro to refer to the leaves of the plant.
                      Maybe in North America.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I guess.

Even within NA there are regional variations.

In Quebec people call cilantro "coriander leaves"

Just like Quebec is different from the rest of NA in its names for certain members of the onion family.

What the rest of NA calls "chives" we call "shallots"
                        What the rest of NA calls "shallots" we call "green onions"
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I hate ketchup.

Spec.
                          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Cilantro is nasty. I can't stand that stuff. Dunno about coriander.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

....Hang on, chives and shallots are not even the same!

Shallot = baby onion looking thing with pale lavender/pink flesh
                              Chive = very thin, straight dark green, shoot with no root
                              Green onion (aka spring onion, scallion) = thicker than chive, kind of layered, with a slightly ticker part at the end, varied in color from white to green, white statrting at the root

I see getting scallion & chive confused, but shallots look like the bulbs you plant in the garden for spring flowers like daffodils... Crazy french speaking canadians

Oh, topic? I like cilantro in certain things, but I don't like how every dish that feels it wants to be hip has to have it in it
                              But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                              PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Working...
                              X