Battle of the -gels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of the -gels!

In your opinion, which thing ending in -gel has added the most to human happiness? For those who don't recognize them, a short description of each contender:

Bagels are a rather yummy breakfast food, a sort of bread product which can be toasted and spread with cream cheese, jam, butter, what-have-you.

Hegel was a massively influential German philosopher who inflicted Hegelian Dialectic on the world. I would tell you what Hegelian Dialectic is, but nobody knows that. Even Hegel's most ardent followers can't tell us WTF they're talking about.

Kegel is the name of a doctor who developed exercises isolating the PC (groin) muscles. Regular use of Kegel's exercises can supposedly increase sexual performance by both sexes as well as preventing incontinence. I suspect this dude's going to win, now that I've told you that.

Nagel was an artist working in the '70s-early '80s who specialized in prints of elegantly-mannish women, thereby casting a whole generation of young men into doubts as to their own sexuality.

If you can think of another, more deserving -gel, preferably with an A sound before the -gel, like the above four, feel free to choose the last option and mention your contender.
    Bagels
    45.45%
    Hegel
    9.09%
    Kegel
    22.73%
    Nagel
    0.00%
    Other -gel
    18.18%
    That Damned Banana Option
    4.55%
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Hairgel!
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Engel
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Hairgel.

Damn. Beaten to it.

Comment

Angels?

Comment

In german Kegel are the Pins you use in Bowling.

Good reason to take them
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Aerogels.
              B♭3

Comment

Kugel!
                Blah

Comment

Googel.
                  Blah

Comment

Agel, aka gellesness.
                    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Bagels
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                        Angels?
                        I 2nd this.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

kuegel.
                          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Bagels... delicious
                            I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Cudgels
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X