Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My CD drive is b0rked . . . . .

What do I do ?

The drive refuses to read all CDs and DVDs , irrespective of whether or not they are blank or written to . I want to know what the problem may be , and possible solutions .

Buy another drive (or have it replaced, if still under warranty). This one is finished.
    This happened lots of times to me. As a matter of fact, it happened with the dvd drive I bought 2 months ago. The shop replaced it under warranty, only to give me another faulty unit. I'm supposed toi go pick up the replacement the day after tomorrow.
    The monkeys are listening.

Comment

It's more than a year old , and part of an assembled PC - no warranty here .

Seems like I'll have to get it replaced .

Comment

Get another one...they're hardly expensive nowadays...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I have had to replace Writers on my home built computers very often

not sure why

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Hmm, it probably has something to do with the origins of Hindu civilization.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Man, you just had a birthday? Tell someone to cough up a drive.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If you don't want to replace the drive, maybe you could try one of those CD's with the brush on it designed to clean the lens?

Comment

Working...
                X