No announcement yet.

Can business model sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jrabbit, well, that's what I might be doing with the security thing. We have some.. ways to conceptualize what you are facing in real world, risk management etc. We know the paradigm of today so many are lagging behind. First of all they make unrealistic management decisions, and they don't see the forrest from the trees, the classic spot focus problem.

There are several good authorities in the field who are in agreement with some of the major problems in management so I hope to shead some light on that. People think security, they get certain attitude and that leads them into very blinded world. So I think there's a lot of things to be made only in consulting how to think when it comes to security. That's not what I'm interested in though. I'm more interested in getting my hands dirty. But there are many things that are not taken into consideration at all, that' smostly because the field is relatively new and it has adopted its models from business etc directly.. well they aren't 1:1 even though they have good points.

Ways to prioritize your risk assesment, how much resources should be put into what, because today it's a joke. There are all these dudes telling you all the horror scenarios, the end of the world things. 'Did you know you could attack like this and it would be the end of your business?'. THis is the spot focus problem.

The mental image is, if you have a house, and you paint certain spots, you're still not covered. So you think you are safe and on the other hand you get all these 'the world is ending' messages and you are supposed to invest millions more into something crap, adding few spots but basically not giving you anything back, well that's stupid.

That's stupid consulting. Basically they are tehre to sell so yeah you want to do that, but that doesn't help the business and it definitely does not help the security. So focusing on things, just prioritizing and teaching and opening the big picture so you can make your own damn decisions and be more educated about it etc.. there's so much to be done in that field.

Most managers in this field are all about reaction, when you want to be ahead. At least you should not set your functions to be all about reaction, that's just a losing strategy. And ways to spend a lot of money on things that are imaginary at best.

OH well .
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I dunno, it sounds more like a belief system than a business model...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Could be. Of course you need more than just say you have these policies. You need to actually follow them and those policies need to be good. If they just soudn good, well that's just not going to help you.

What I'm thinking with this business model is that it would create grass roots awareness, and there it would kind of go on, have that snowball effect. Peer pressure amonghst people to support your business.

Might work, might not work. I'm not going to try it though
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

pekka dotcoms have everything to do with this.
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

If so, please explain exactly what they have to do with is. If it has everything to do with this, you should make a strong case.
            In da butt.

Comment

There was a time and place where companies were bought up in silicon valley on the business idea they had alone. more recently although they have a real product youtube was bought for a billion out despite their only product being user posted videos.

ill have to do more research but there are myriad examples where companies that never even had a product were bought out for large sums
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

So, this has very little to do with that. Basically there was large sums involved buying stuff without content or any evidence of.. pretty much anything.

And this relates to this issue.. exactly how? This one would have a product(s). You can't sell the model alone, I'm wondering if it can boost you up so much, that your products sell. A very different scenario.
                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                X