Why I want to some day murder a Windows security designer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I want to some day murder a Windows security designer

1.) C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Received Files\02 - Mindcircus.mp3

[i]"Windows has arbitrarily decided that this file could be harmful to your computer, so you're not allowed to open it. The past few mp3's that you've downloaded through this program, from the same user, and into the same directory have all been alright - but it's just a good thing that you have to deal with a randomized process of blocking access to recieved files. Regardless of whether or not you have a perfectly capable anti-virus program installed, we still think that it's best that you can't get into it. We're going to allow the link to still display in your MSN window, although if you click it, it will not respond - so a piece of expected respondant logic has also now been removed from your operation of the Windows program. It's an exception that we've decided is perfectly reasonable. Also, please don't bother looking for the file in the listed directory path. We've made its icon invisible. The file still exists, somewhere, yet you're not meant to even look at it - even if you now wish to delete it to stop your computer from accumulating useless sh*t in the background that can't even be opened. You have no control over this situation unless you've put extensive investment into understanding of the Windows environment - thereby knowing which training wheels to break off, where to find them, etc."

2.) http://www.r4wr.com/

"Internet explorer was perfectly happy with displaying this page 3 days ago, though not the 10 days preceding that, and not from this day forward. The referred page can be viewed by other people just fine, though there's a security issue hidden somewhere deep within your browser that decides from half-week to week whether or not you should be allowed to display this page. That the page itself does not change between these periods does not matter, no real concrete variable is used to decide whether or not you are allowed to view it. Consistency and logic are not cornerstones of keeping your computer safe. Rather are the sporatic inhibitions of access to material that is clearly defined by the human being who should have what he tells the program acted upon immediately and without f*cking hesitation. Oh well. Have you installed ActiveX yet???"

3.) Word Perfect likes to decide on strange commands and structure when you do something so simple as paste a half a sentence! Word Perfect is the ultimate expression of security, it adds whatever it so deems necessary to your documents - you are kept at arms length from true control of construction; and a logical AI code of perfection is assumed! Write what you like! Word Perfect will sort it out and make changes as you go along, to make sure everything comes out as Word Perfect feels it should!

[...]

DEAR WINDOWS SECURITY DESIGNERS,

I AM NOT AN AVID DECONSTRUCTOR OF WHAT SHOULD BE A RATHER F*CKING SIMPLE DESKTOP SYSTEM. I USE WINDOWS TO FACILITATE CREATIVE ENDEAVORS OTHER THAN COMING TO UNDERSTAND THE COMPLEXITIES OF WINDOWS ITSELF. I AM NOT A PROGRAMMER. I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO LEARN THE GALLANTRIES OF SORTING YOUR OS OUT SO IT RESPONDS AS IT IS TOLD ON THE MOST BASIC INTERFACE, EVERY TIME, ALL THE TIME. I AM NOT A ****ING INVALID WHO NEEDS EXCEPTIONARY TREATMENT ON CERTAIN COMMANDS. IF I COMMAND, AND IT IS ON THE MOST BASIC PREMISE, I EXPECT A WARNING PROMPT AT THE MOST, AND WITH THAT CLEARED - FOR THE OS TO REACT TO THE HUMAN LIKE A WINDOW PANE TO A HAMMER.

YOU HAVE CONSTRUCTED MY OS SECURITY BACKWARDS. I WANT EVERY AVAILABILITY, ALL THE TIME, FROM START TO FINISH. IF I WANT UN-ALTERING RESTRICTIONS, THAT IS WHEN I WILL LEARN HOW TO ATTENTIVELY CUSTOMIZE MY SYSTEM. IF I WANT AN ASSUMPTIVE CODE OF "BETTERING" ADDED TO MY COMMANDS, I WILL F*CKING SEEK & INSTALL THOSE OPTIONS MYSELF. I DO NOT HAVE THE INTEREST OR TIME TO HAVE TO REMOVE THEM FROM THE BEGINNING. AVAILABLE FIRST, INANE LOCK-DOWNS SECOND. HAVE YOU EVER LOOKED DOWN THE BARREL OF A LOADED GALILE 7.62? NEITHER HAVE I, BUT THE BUTT SURE FEELS NICE PROPPED AGAINST MY ENRAGED SHOULDER. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
      http://www.eventis.ws
      BROKEN IMAGES AHOY!

Comment

WTF is Eventis?

Comment

YOU WILL REGISTER ON THAT WEBSITE
          YOU WILL BEGIN TO POST

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
            WTF is Eventis?
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

i told you not to tell anyone

Comment

1) Stop downloading things with IE.

Comment

First, you're a moron.

Second. WTF?

The only warnings i've ever received have been of the nature of "This kind of file might be unsafe, are you SURE you want to open it?" I just click yes, and it opens. Is that too frustrating for you? No hidden files, it's always in the directory it says it is for me. Hurrrr...

And I use firefox and IE7, and I never have troubles with any page. Not since 2004 at least. Examples?

Comment

Originally posted by thesilentone
                    First, you're a moron.

Second. WTF?

The only warnings i've ever received have been of the nature of "This kind of file might be unsafe, are you SURE you want to open it?" I just click yes, and it opens. Is that too frustrating for you? No hidden files, it's always in the directory it says it is for me. Hurrrr...

And I use firefox and IE7, and I never have troubles with any page. Not since 2004 at least. Examples?
                    I'm a moron?

Seriously, do you want to go down that route, you spoon-fed b*tch?

"SECOND - WTF? ME SAYS WTF KOOL INTRANET LINGO CIRCA 2003! CUTTING EDGE FOR RFLMAWTF!

MORE WTF OVER HERE! LOL! "IT'S ALWAYS IN THE DIRECTORY IT SAYS IT IS FOR ME. IT'S ALWAYS IN THE DIRECTORY IT SAYS IT IS FOR ME. I READ OVER IT AGAIN IT SAYS IT IS FOR ME. I ASK MYSELF IT SAYS IT IS FOR ME.

I just click yes, and it opens. Is that too frustrating for you?
                    The problem, as described, is that it's NOT doing that, comprehenso-retadaro. Are your eyes so f*cking close together that that the FAS jokes would hit dangerously close to home, tonight - or should I instead just ask for a picture to know what aesthetic dart to throw?

SOLUTIONS. NOT CRATER-FACED INSOLENCE. THANKS FOR COMING OUT

Comment

Re: Why I want to some day murder a Windows security designer

Originally posted by Zylka

2.) http://www.r4wr.com/
                      I don't know about your other windows woes, but your system might be on to something here. That page contains a hidden reference to another site that tries to upload some virus to your machine. My antivirus reacted to it, but after a while (first, Internet Explorer crashed, and took a very long time to do so). Perhaps your Internet Explorer has a higher security setting than mine, so it just blocked to offending code on the www.r4wr.com page .

Before writing this reply, I took the time to identify the beast. Here's what I found, in case you want to look into it yourself: clicky .

I suspect this site has been hijacked during those days when you couldn't access it, then it got cleaned (when you could access it), then hijacked aghain.
                      The monkeys are listening.

Comment

Hey zylk, long time no hear. Chill a tad on the insults please.

Dr. Please don't bother offering possible explanations. Zylka really doesn't care about them. He's just looking for any reason to rant and rave. Please don't deny him his fun.

Yeah, zylk, that really sucks, but I hope they haven't let you get that gun you were talking about earlier.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh. Right. Sorry. Nevermind me, then. Please, carry on.
                          The monkeys are listening.

Comment

Re: Why I want to some day murder a Windows security designer

Originally posted by Zylka
                            1.) C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Received Files\02 - Mindcircus.mp3
                            Is this Mindcurcus by Way Out West? If so, . It's a great song, especially the remix by Gabriel & Dresden.
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Check out "Melt" by Way out West - way better, and recent!

Hey zylk, long time no hear. Chill a tad on the insults please.

Dr. Please don't bother offering possible explanations. Zylka really doesn't care about them. He's just looking for any reason to rant and rave. Please don't deny him his fun.

Yeah, zylk, that really sucks, but I hope they haven't let you get that gun you were talking about earlier.
                              Hello Rahsy. Sorry I couldn't join you Saturday. It's a work thing.

I actually wouldn't mind some competent explanations to these problems. This is not fun, nor a game. The gun thing, albeit - is a poor joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X