X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drogue

I get 7 (or will when I start the job)
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Of course, it equals quality of life

Wouldn't want one of those 2 week vacations where you run into every place and have to make a plan and schedule and prioritize. That sucks. That's not vacation, that's just another performance..
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I'm self-employed. When you do that, you only eat what you kill. So yeah, like CortHaus, it means no paid vacation. But contrary to Pekka's assertion, length of vacation does NOT equal quality of life.

Because all year long, I set my own schedule, don't commute, and have the option to reject working with jerks. I can (theoretically) take in a movie, go golfing, or do whatever, as long as I meet my deadline commitments.

Since all my work is done on a PC, the world is my office. All I need is a mobile phone and Internet access. So I do travel, go places with the family etc.

I worked in corporate world for over 20 years. My price to go back would be VERY high.

Why? Becasue my quality of life has greatly improved.
        working for yourself
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Damn, that's sounds great, -Jrabbit. Can I work for you?
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

"But contrary to Pekka's assertion, length of vacation does NOT equal quality of life."

In your case.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Re: Working For A Living

Originally posted by Seeker
              It sucks doesn't it? I got my first month of paid vacation.

Who cares how much money you make if your gonna be some hairy 40 something year old dangly balled twit before you can have any fun again!!

We should all go to France and mooch off the welfare state, or something. Or heroin. Or Jesus. Or anything. Maybe I need a Russian mail-order bride?? Sounds good...
              I tried France... that went badly.
              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
              -Joan Robinson

Comment

I went back to uni to avoid working in the real world. I wanna get one of those cushy academic jobs, not one of those drones in the corporate world job.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  PH, don't you Euro-trash get 4-6 weeks of vacation per year? That's hardly working.
                  33 days me
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                    Damn, that's sounds great, -Jrabbit. Can I work for you?
                    I work alone. That's, uh, kind of the whole point.

...although I might take on an employee or two in the future.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yes, I know. That was the point of the joke.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I get 0 vacation, so I don't want to hear any *****ing or moaning.

Comment

You need to get a better job Dis...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working For A Living

It sucks doesn't it?
                            Depends on whether you like your work or not. All of us have our dream jobs, some of them are easier to get than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                              You need to get a better job Dis...
                              but the people I work with are fantastic.

Comment

Not your employers though, it would seem, who are inhumane...
                                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                                X