Working For A Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working For A Living

It sucks doesn't it? I got my first month of paid vacation.

Who cares how much money you make if your gonna be some hairy 40 something year old dangly balled twit before you can have any fun again!!

We should all go to France and mooch off the welfare state, or something. Or heroin. Or Jesus. Or anything. Maybe I need a Russian mail-order bride?? Sounds good...
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

You left SK?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yeah, welcome to hell that is the real world
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

PH, don't you Euro-trash get 4-6 weeks of vacation per year? That's hardly working.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
          PH, don't you Euro-trash get 4-6 weeks of vacation per year? That's hardly working.
          Not all of us, no.

Comment

I get 4 weeks here in the US

of course it took 12+ years in the same job to get it
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

Not all of us, no.
              Yeah, some get more.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                Yeah, some get more.
                I get zero days holiday, no sick pay or bank holidays.

Comment

What do you do?
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                    What do you do?
                    Self-employed. I can take holiday but don't get paid for it. I earn a little more than I could in permenant employment, but at the price of insecurity and lack of genuine chill-time.

Comment

working is great if you're in a job you love. if only i could find one like that.
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Back in the sixties they were talking about how technological progress, and consequent increases in per capita productivity would mean that people would have to work less.

In fact... we've had technological progess and increased productivity... and we have to work more.

Comment

In fact... we've had technological progess and increased productivity... and we have to work more.

We get more out of it though.
                          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I get 7 (or will when I start the job)
                            Smile
                            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Yeah, and I get nearer the upper end of that
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X