Will we be on Mars in 2066?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok
    I forget: why do we want to leave this planet exactly?
    Cuz you suck.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

We'll have science stations, but no permanent settlements.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Looking at the very long term, though, it could be possible to reposition the planets.

Um, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          Looking at the very long term, though, it could be possible to reposition the planets.

Um, no.
          Here's the first article I could find on the topic. This one deals primarily with moving the Earth, but mentions moving other planets. Note the part where it reads "[it could] even allow our descendants to alter our Solar System to move moons and planets to make new Earths"

I can find other articles talking about moving other planets for you tomorrow, if you'd like.
          Last edited by Wycoff; November 6, 2006, 00:45.
          I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

I'll be climbing outa this gravitational ****hole in the arms of angels before another non Chinese human being walks once again upon the moon, yeah baby!
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

No, because we don't need to be there. We can keep sending robots there (if we need something done on the ground) and build a massive space station in earth orbit with all the $ saved.
              Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

No, wait: we'll invent Warp Drive and magically bend several light-years of space so we can fly quickly to all the viable planets out there, which we will definitely be able to identify from here by some process other than elimination.
                Here's what NASA says about warp drive:

Comment

While we're at it here's an article on Relativity Drive:
                  http://www.newscientisttech.com/article/mg19125681.400;jsessionid=NMGHK

Comment

Working...
                  X