If today was 1946, then...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If today was 1946, then...

We as a country (USA) wouldn't tolerate this Iraq nonsense, and would level the whole country and say to hell with it- you bunch of lunatics. What changed?

There has been a significant weaking of western civilization since all of the social progress of the past 60ish years........

While I generally like social progress, all of this bull**** europeans style coalition and not hurt anybody, and not offend anyone in foreign policy is why we are losing in Iraq, now Dems and Republicans alike including Bush can be blamed for this trend.

When civilizations refuse to be ruthless to enemies that are twice so to them, it is a matter of time until they fall, see the Romans and their mercanary armies that let the hordes right in.......

If we are to last a civlization, we need the social progress of today, mached with the ruthlessness of the Romans for foreign policy, otherwise our enemies will obliterate us....

I'm sorry but the european way, while nice if it was a working model, doesn't work. We saw that after 1918 when the euros didn't want to offend Germany or start a war as the Germans rebuilt their war machine and gobbled up nearby countries....... Until the British finally stood up to them.

Bush's foreign policy is ****, much like a democrat policy would be, except for he actually intentionally got us into an entanglement without that balls to back up our might.

If I was president I would level Iran, Iraq, North Korea and China if they tried to oppose us. Disband Israel, and level Mecca, so all the wacko religious right would quit with the end of the world self-fullfilling prophecy ****. Pakistan Saudi Arabia, and other middle eastern powers would beg not to be annihilated by me, and would reform their brutal archiac social laws as I told them to. Vote for Me 2020. It is a vote for the future of Western Civilization.
    "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

If this was 1946, then...

... I wouldn't be here for another 9 years
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn
      We as a country (USA) wouldn't tolerate this Iraq nonsense, and would level the whole country and say to hell with it- you bunch of lunatics. What changed?

There has been a significant weaking of western civilization since all of the social progress of the past 60ish years........

While I generally like social progress, all of this bull**** europeans style coalition and not hurt anybody, and not offend anyone in foreign policy is why we are losing in Iraq, now Dems and Republicans alike including Bush can be blamed for this trend.

When civilizations refuse to be ruthless to enemies that are twice so to them, it is a matter of time until they fall, see the Romans and their mercanary armies that let the hordes right in.......

If we are to last a civlization, we need the social progress of today, mached with the ruthlessness of the Romans for foreign policy, otherwise our enemies will obliterate us....

I'm sorry but the european way, while nice if it was a working model, doesn't work. We saw that after 1918 when the euros didn't want to offend Germany or start a war as the Germans rebuilt their war machine and gobbled up nearby countries....... Until the British finally stood up to them.

Bush's foreign policy is ****, much like a democrat policy would be, except for he actually intentionally got us into an entanglement without that balls to back up our might.

If I was president I would level Iran, Iraq, North Korea and China if they tried to oppose us. Disband Israel, and level Mecca, so all the wacko religious right would quit with the end of the world self-fullfilling prophecy ****. Pakistan Saudi Arabia, and other middle eastern powers would beg not to be annihilated by me, and would reform their brutal archiac social laws as I told them to. Vote for Me 2020. It is a vote for the future of Western Civilization.
      Bush's brainwashing machine in action

I was wrong about the King George-II.
      He is a master politician.

Comment

..1886 wouldn't seem so awfully long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

..1886 wouldn't seem so awfully long ago.
          What's up with 1886? I forgot...
          Once again...

Comment

Re: If today was 1946, then...

Originally posted by Thorn quit with the end of the world self-fullfilling prophecy ****.
            You should take your own advice.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

Thorn
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij

What's up with 1886? I forgot...
                Just an observation.

Dedication of the Statue of Liberty? First Automobile?

Comment

Ah, thanks. It seems the older I get the more I forget. Only a couple of years to go before I don't even know my own name any more... Sweet oblivion...
                  Once again...

Comment

Just be glad today isn't 2066 then.

Comment

1946 and John Lennon is 6 years old. Maybe this time he can avoid Yoko Ono.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                        Just be glad today isn't 2066 then.
                        Hehe... I won't be here anymore in 2066
                        Once again...

Comment

Roman foreign policy
                          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            1946 and John Lennon is 6 years old. Maybe this time he can avoid Yoko Ono.
                            What's wrong with Yoko? He wrote his best songs after he met her. Or are you one of those McCartney guys?
                            Once again...

Comment

I'd be 100.. The King will send me a note. But sadly, I won't know what a note is by then. Or a King.

Comment

Working...
                              X