Why do these things feel so good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do these things feel so good?

It feels so nice one would think it must be illegal. OK so what feels nice?

I've said before that I have a fetish for super cold. That means baths filled with ice cubes etc. Basically they kind of numb your brain so you get this nice feeling.

Just now, I came back from a store, and I bought a can of red bull and drank it with one zip, on purpose. Then I walk in the cold out there, and when the red bull starts kicking in, man that's a rush. It's nto the same if you do it when it's normal temperatures, it must be cold and you must be moving but not too fast. Not making an effort.

It makes all the difference, you get pretty hard rushes. You feel extra sharp, and what the cold does, it makes you aware of your body more. The cold bites you a bit, so when you're rushing, that's awesome.

The opposite of that is our national tradition, goign to sauna and drinking beer. That does somewhat the opposite to you, your muscles relax and you fall into complete relaxation. Then you drink a beer or two and that just feels so good... it's not hard rushes, it's more like mellow and bliss.

I was wondering what are the physiological explanations to this. I figure if you can easily reproduce these feelings, in LEGAL ways, in more ways than these two, it would be awesome.

So there's to distinctive factors in both, one is cold, one is hot. With hot you enhance your relaxation, with cold oyu enhance the sharpness.

I mean.. by brains are producign this feeling to me, so there must be a way to make your brain to give up, put down the guards and give me more. Naturally this si something you could do with drugs but that's not what I'm interested in. Also both of these feelings are quite strong, so getting just a bit of it doesn't do it, you have to get it strong like that.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Pekka, you're an amazing individual.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No man, these are real things, it's like the sauna thing, millions of finns do this and they know this to be true. It's not an urban myth. OK let me go over something.. so you're in 100 Celsius, at first, if you'r enot used to it, it's uncomfortable. But it's mostly in your mind.

When you get over it, you relax completely, your muscles relax. You also sweat a lot, so as an aftermath you are pretty clean when you get out, of course shower after the sauna.

It exhaust you a bit so you are a bit tired, relaxed. Now imagine drinking a beer or two with your buddies, just sitting down and relaxing. You get that buzz goign on immidiately. Then you eat something small and salty. Basically your body minerals are kind of low after a sauna, so not only does it taste good, it also makes you feel fine.

You could break it down to science if you wanted to, I'm sure.

However, the cold thing, I don't know what' sgoing on there. I guess you feel all your muscles and body parts better, your body gets a bit rigid. Cold in itself doesn't fele very nice IMO, except when you get the brain numb. But that's usually not a very good sign, I mean.. your brains are numbing from cold. But ah does that feel nice, now if you sharpen yourself with loads of caffeine fast, it's RUSH TIME!

I don't think you could combien these two though, the hot and cold, they just go against each other that it wouldn't work. Doing them back to back that is.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

But I'm nto after drug tips, I mean, usually people woudl say hey the sauna thing, smoke pot. Gives you similar things. But it's nto the same thing, it doesn't feel as good. And besides, I get nausea from it so that's not for me anyway.

The cold thing and sharpness, I guess that would go to amphetamines, but again, that's not something I want to get into, so that's out as well.

I'ms aying we need a natural way of getting this brain to function the way we want it, because now the brain is goign against my wishes. It's like NOOOOoo I'm not giving you pleasure. You have to work for it. You have to go out and freeze and drink loads of caffeine. Well, I don't necessarily have the time etc. I want it know.
        In da butt.

Comment

Music - especially playing music gives a natural buzz. It does me, anyway. Dancing is the next nearest thing - it's like playing a musical instrument that is percieved through light, rather than sound.

You should read Aleister Crowley's work on Yoga if you want to try some stuff that yields modified consciousness.

Comment

Binaural beats are said to work in similar fashion(s). Syncing the left and right side of your brain, either for relaxation, or clarity.

I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
              Binaural beats are said to work in similar fashion(s). Syncing the left and right side of your brain, either for relaxation, or clarity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats
              I listened to one of the example audio files, and now I feel dizzy.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I hate cold. As soon as you got to the cold part, which was immediately, I was thinking "No".
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Interesting.

I browsed a bit and came to this page. BEHOLD, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_enhancement ...
                  In da butt.

Comment

This looks like the part that pertains.

Brainwave synchronization

Comment

Just now, I came back from a store, and I bought a can of red bull and drank it with one zip, on purpose. Then I walk in the cold out there, and when the red bull starts kicking in, man that's a rush. It's nto the same if you do it when it's normal temperatures, it must be cold and you must be moving but not too fast. Not making an effort.
                      However, the cold thing, I don't know what' sgoing on there. I guess you feel all your muscles and body parts better, your body gets a bit rigid. Cold in itself doesn't fele very nice IMO, except when you get the brain numb. But that's usually not a very good sign, I mean.. your brains are numbing from cold. But ah does that feel nice, now if you sharpen yourself with loads of caffeine fast, it's RUSH TIME!
                      I'm going to try this after the next time I wake up

Comment

Re: Why do these things feel so good?

Originally posted by Pekka
                        I mean.. by brains are producign this feeling to me
                        How many brains do you have? Do you keep them in jars back at your flat?
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Pekka, when you say you "walk in the cold out there", you were wearing clothes, right?

Comment

Yes of course.

VJ, ok, just remember that you aren't supposed to freeze your butt, so just go out like you normally do. I suggest you try thsi doing your visit to the grocery store.

Also, it's vital to drink the energy drink as fast as possible. Then, don't start for any effects. Just stroll back home. One thing that helps me is when I put my mp3 player to work as well.. It's not huge, but it's something, at least I get kicks out of it.
                            In da butt.

Comment

cold is good, not that cold....gesh

in winter time one can but on more clothes
                              in summer time one can only get so naked
                              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                              X