Environment for project (internet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environment for project (internet)

As some of you might know, I'm doing this research assistant thing now, which is interesting but hard work and also challenging.

There are few researchers who I need to share the information with, and I thought I should try out setting up an environment where I can have some files stored, perhaps a blog type of thing (doesn't need to actually be a blog) and few other simple things. I need to also build a small dictionary type of thing, basically in my entry's there will be some spesific lingo, so I'd like to clear those up in it as well.

Also some pictures would be presented. Some other stuff as well, not sure yet.

Requirements:

- Relatively easy to use/administrate
    - Simple enough for it to look professional (no nonsense)
    - It should be password protected
    - If it's free, it helps a lot

I was checking out this Moodle thingie, it's open source but I'm not quite sure if it is for me. It seems to have many features I need but it has not impressed me. Also it has tons of features I don't need.

Suggestions?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

OpenSourceCMS.com is a central resource for all things related to Open-source CMS and gives you the opportunity to “try out” most of the best Open-source CMS tools in the world without marketing fluff or sales people. Feel free to browse around on the site and try fully configured standard demos of the systems you are […]

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Right, right, but I'm sure someone here has an actual experience on some of these environments, so get personal recommendation.......

However, I didn't check out the first link you have me before so thanks, that's new to me
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Writely/Google Word Processor thing?

Wiki?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

That looks good. The writely.google.com thing. Haven't seen that before. Thanks, I think that is sufficient enough and best of all, requires me very little extra effort.

Thanks!
          In da butt.

Comment

Working...
          X