Do you smoke pot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you smoke pot?

I don't give a **** about any other drugs, I only want to know about pot.

For the purpose of this poll, I'll say if you smoked pot within the past few months and plan to do it again someday. So in my case (1997 was my last joint), I'll vote no.

Personally, I can't see why people do it. You don't see too many successful people do it (other than musicians, actors etc). It lowers ambition. And yes I have smoked before (last time was around 1997). And I have though about smoking again (just last year). But the simple fact is, drug tests are required for any job in my city. Even if you want to bag groceries you have to take a drug test.

No offense to you smokers. But it just seems like a loser drug. I prefer the smell over cigarrettes, but not by much. What does it accomplish really? Yeah getting high is nice and all, but I feel it's overrated.
    yes
    26.74%
    no
    73.26%

and there will be no banana option or frog option. . It really scews the poll results.

But if you smoke pole, you can include those experiences in this thread if you are so inclined.

Comment

I don't smoke pot or anything else.

Invalid poll, of course
      Blah

Comment

Marijuana is for Republicans.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Marijuana makes you passive and stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
            Marijuana makes you passive and stupid.
            Hence Last Conformist's observation...
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

There's lots of hypocricy around this issue, it's a taboo, well in here it is.

We shouldn't care what people do on their own free time. If they want to smoke a joint, how does that issue belong to us in any way? Because the next thing they'll shoot heroin and kill little children? Please...

And to the argument that succesful people don't smoke, well, our perception is that they use cocaine instead. I bet pot too. It's not like they want to go 'hey I got a secret, wanna hear everyone??'

But no, I don't smoke pot. It makes me feel nausea. It's just not for me.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I voted yes even though I don't in protest at the invalidity of the poll
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Depends on how often you smoke. I smoke on weekends sometimes. I used to smoke it everyday in my teens, and yes, it lowers ambition. You get like a pancake on a couch.

Spec.
                  -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Guess.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

This poll is invalid

Comment

I was a lazy hedonist long before I started smoking, so I had no ambition to lose.

One of my friends is a hardcore smoker. He works 15 hour days as a video editor, making about $250k a year. Maybe he's an exception to the general rule, but he's certainly a successful hard-working stoner.

Comment

It depends if you use or abuse. Moderation like anything else.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Have I tried it? Yes.

Do I smoke it? (as on a regular or even semi-regular basis? No.

The few times that I've tried it in the past, I really couldn't get into it.
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I know tons of people who smoke pot and make deep into the six figures. It's not like they spend 24-7 stoned, but on a weekly or monthly basis, yeah.

I personally have in the past numerous times, but haven't partaken in quite some time (probably over a year now). I'd be surprised if I didn't again at some point.
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                              X