• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entertainment news...

Time to get serious.

A couple tidbits from IMDB.

Something nice?

Desperate Housewives actress Marcia Cross is battling to keep naked pictures of her from being published. Two hundred sexy snaps were reportedly discovered by a catering company hired to removed rubbish from redhead Cross' home in Los Angeles. The firm's owner is being represented by agent David Hans Schmidt, who plans to sell the pictures. Schmidt tells the New York Daily News, "There are some pictures of her showering outside. She looks absolutely gorgeous. And yes, the carpet does match the curtains." But 44-year-old Cross' legal team claim the photos were thrown away by mistake and insist they still belong to her and husband Tom Mahoney. She is demanding their return. But Schmidt is confident he has the law behind him and hints he plans to sell them abroad: "The pictures were not stolen. When you throw something away, you forfeit that property. We recognize the copyright issue, but US copyright law stops at the border." But he has given Cross the opportunity to buy the photos back, claiming he knows how wealthy she is after discovering her tax return in the trash as well. Schmidt adds, "I'm not looking to mortify Ms. Cross. I just want the most money for my client. I know how much she made, but out of respect for Ms. Cross, I won't discuss it."

Something nasty?

US talk show host Bill Maher has sparked outrage after appearing at numerous Halloween parties over the weekend dressed as "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin, complete with a bloody stingray barb attached to a khaki shirt. The outfit is among the top Halloween costumes in the US this year and while some have found it amusing, other insist it is an insult to the late conservationist who died in September. Photos of the celebrity comedian making the rounds at Halloween parties in Los Angeles over the weekend have been widely circulated on the internet. Maher hosts a weekly talk show on US network HBO called Real Time With Bill Maher and has angered some of his fans. One fan wrote on the star's official website, "I suppose he thought it was funny, but it was seriously lacking taste, decorum and respect for Steve's family." Another fan wrote, "I am kind of torn on it - I have a good sense of humor but this one is just kind of tacky."

I think pics of both are necessary for a full discussion.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

I found a picture of the other thing, but this is Apolyton, and no.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

That is funny.

Post the other one - it will be worth the ban.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I think it's stupid and insensitive. That's just me though.
        Maybe I'll go as an Iraqi civilian with my limbs blown off, and a gaping head wound.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

And will you release nude pictures, Sloww?
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

The Iraqi civilians didn't bring the situation upon themselves - Irwin did.

Comment

Hmm, scary costumes..
              Attached Files

Comment

Nude photo is fine, sure.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I think famous actresses have a duty to distribute nude pictures of themselves. Including Bea Arthur.

Comment

Bill Maher as Aussie on the barbie.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I bet Bea Arthur was a honey as a young woman.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

And he stole that idea from South Park. I heard they took a lot of heat by showing Irwin with a barb poking out of his chest. Though I didn't catch the episode myself.

Comment

South Park (I missed that one, too.)

People need to get a grip. Yeah, it's sad that he died, but WTF was he doing so close to a stingray that he could catch a barb in the chest? He was asking for it. He was too close, it got scared and lashed out. It was unfortunate that he got hit in the heart (as opposed to a lung), but also that he pulled the barb out. Talk about your Darwin Award moment.
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
                          X