No announcement yet.

The scrumpy is ready.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laz swares up and down that farmers used to toss in what ever rats they caught on the farm. The recipe I made uses ground beef instead of dead rat since its much easier to get ground beef.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Not in my neighbourhood...
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Comment

Untraditional farmers

Comment

The free weekly city paper featured a picture of a large dead rat as its cover a month or so ago.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
              Laz swares up and down that farmers used to toss in what ever rats they caught on the farm.

This is true, though in the absence of rats a raw pork or lamb chop was usually chucked in.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

what does this have to do with republicans?

Comment

All right. Ran the first bit through a coffee filter to remove some of the larger floating bits. Still extremely cloudy. Yellow with a hint of green in colour.

The aroma is all apples (very strong) with the alcohol lurking in the background. The taste, however, reminds me most of a very dry champagne or other white wine. No sweetness at all, which is what I'd come to expect from the (probably crappy) mass-produced ciders I'd had before. My wife can apparently detect a hint of what she describes as "bacon", but I'm convinced it's psychosomatic. The next bit I'll have will not go through a filter, to prove my masculinity to Laz.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Good call!

To drinking my scrumpy.

Comment

tldr/counterglow but I suppose you announced it some time ago for KH t have his shipment already. Did you add yeast to the secondary carboy to make it dry as KH's description?

Hmmm, grown brothers are notoriously difficult to shop for since they buy all the toys they want. My younger brother does a bit of home brewing, so maybe I'll order a bottle. He'll get a kick out of it.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                      X