49 cent/ton fresh water from sea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49 cent/ton fresh water from sea

That's what China claims, according to this blog.

freenewmexican.com?

Comment

From sea ice
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

They have serious water concerns there, I was looking for follow up on something I saw around July, and stumbled on this.

Comment

I'm in the camp that says the resource next wars will be over is water.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            We should build a bigger navy, then...
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              From sea ice
              Ah. Meh.

Comment

Really, why? Any energy source can be trivially converted into fresh water.

Comment

If it were as simple as all that, droughts would be of no matter; or is that a mistake?
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Obvoiusly, our first resource war(s) were over oil (Include WW2?). We can switch to wind and solar, but then we still have aquifer problems. IF this is for real, it might save our butts.

Comment

It might save Norway's butts. The rest of us don't have quite as easy access to the ice caps.

Comment

If it were as simple as all that, droughts would be of no matter; or is that a mistake?
                        Droughts are most devastating in impoverished countries. In MD, at least, the chief effects of a drought are a dead lawn, an empty swimming pool and no automatic glass of water at a restaurant. Now, there is bickering over sources of water, of course (especially in extremely populous or arid regions), but in terms of all-out war it's more likely that we'll continue fighting over more exotic and limited resources such as fossil fuels. Stuff that doesn't cover most of the planet, albeit in a nonusable form.

As for our first resource wars being over oil...huh? How about gold, or other metals such as the tin used in bronze? Land? Slaves? Or FOOD? All wars are ultimately over resources of one kind or another, of course, but material considerations have been a major factor in politics from the beginning. Fossil fuels are just higher-stakes due to their limited availability and immense power.

And we needn't worry about a war over this discovery; we're hard at work ensuring that there will be no ice caps to fight over soon enough.

EDIT for grammar.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

It's just expensive.

Comment

I believe Quebec is supposed to be one of the best places in the world to find fresh water.

I hope this means much $$$ for me, sometime in the future.
                            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Greenland will become a superpower, and not just because of their magnificent shrimps.

Comment

Working...
                              X