Is extremism becoming the standard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heresson do NOT lick frogs!

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

but they ask me to do it
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

I might agree that there will be a war that is complex but can be separated into two groups, western nations and ME. Unless the Asian market is able to boost itself even more and become another stable region including South East Asia, then it might be different if they take part in it and say what's up, we might have some of the most loud ones who get offended at every corner possible to shut up and forget the idea about islamist states beyond their own countries.

At the same time, if we go about democratization of these nations, we go directly against the islamists, so there will be a conflict even if it's not about whose God wins.

These.. people teaching their children to hate, which we have condemned widely, very widely and to the point, growing new jihadists, well, this is doing the very same thing.

And to say we need these Jesus soldiers because we are in direct attack from the Allah soldiers, well that implies these people do not believe in states, secularism, but rather a view where Jesus leads us all to victory and forget about democracy in the process.

I'm not sure which one are more dangerous to western freedom and democracy. But they both are dangerous. We should come up with a solution where all these Jesus soldiers can meet all these Allah soldiers, a big arena, where they can fight and kill each other.

The biggest thing about these fundamentalists is that they force everyone else in the same mess too. And somehow it's OK for them. But in reality they don't give a **** about other people, only themselves and the ones who are like them. That's another thing that makes them bad Christians.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
          Does anyone know the Christian battle cry for, "Jihad!" ?
          Yes, it's "Santiago!". But that is catholic heresy.
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

From what I've heard (never seen the stupid movie), "Jesus Camp" promotes rabid fanaticism but not violence. The kids in question sound like they'll last a few more years in their ideological bubble before they move out into the real world and then crash and burn. Probably a significant portion of them will eventually go atheist/agnostic when they discover just how fantastic of a world they were living in. Provided, that is, they don't just continue living in biblethumperville marrying other biblethumpers and having little biblethumperlings, in which case they'll hurt nobody but themselves while protecting each other from the normal society out there.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

When the lady makes the comment on how radical muslims are brainwashing their children is she taking into consideration how the rest of the world is viewing the practice? Revulsion is growing throughout the world. Does she want that to happen to Christianity?
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Religion = dangerous

People should put faith into reason
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                  Religion = dangerous

Didn't you know: Terrorists have no religion.
                  It's all an atheist conspiracy.
                  Religion is good, period.
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                    From what I've heard (never seen the stupid movie), "Jesus Camp" promotes rabid fanaticism but not violence. The kids in question sound like they'll last a few more years in their ideological bubble before they move out into the real world and then crash and burn. Probably a significant portion of them will eventually go atheist/agnostic when they discover just how fantastic of a world they were living in. Provided, that is, they don't just continue living in biblethumperville marrying other biblethumpers and having little biblethumperlings, in which case they'll hurt nobody but themselves while protecting each other from the normal society out there.
                    IIRC, the documentary makers are planning on checking in on the kids in 10 years time to see where they are at. I'm curious to see how the child preacher will be at. Though the one thing problematic is that most of these kids are being home schooled so they aren't subject to things like evolution (well, they are told evolution is a lie, as is global warming and anything else scientific).

We can only hope they don't just adopt all of the crazy stuff they were told at the camp (and btw, yes, the woman who runs it made a point that Harry Potter would go to Hell in the Old Testament because he was a wizard)
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                      Religion = dangerous

[obvious lazy retort] No, they just need a more reasonable faith. [/obvious lazy retort]
                      1011 1100

Comment

I guess you haven't heard of the scariest one of all, a camp that kids go to and are never heard of again, civ camp!

Comment

I'm with Dawkins on reasonable religionistas. You create a climate where its acceptable for freaks like these Jesus Camp people to be allowed, and then some of them become the people who gun down abortion doctors and some of them become the type of people who fly planes into buildings.

A world without religion
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            I'm with Dawkins on reasonable religionistas. You create a climate where its acceptable for freaks like these Jesus Camp people to be allowed, and then some of them become the people who gun down abortion doctors and some of them become the type of people who fly planes into buildings.

A world without religion
                            You create a climate where you can blame everything on a meme, and pretty soon those accusations grow up into lame slippery slope non sequiturs raping the rationality they claim to defend...and I thought it was pretty plainly implied that Jesus Camp does not constitute sane religion for me, but I'll make it explicit: I agree that these people are nucking futs. I do not argue for accepting them except in the broad legal tolerance sense of freedom of opinion (which I hope you are not arguing against). But if you can't differentiate between the Dalai Lama and the fundies in your arguments...
                            1011 1100

Comment

All religion is evil.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Yes, we're zapping you with our malevolent Jesus juju. You have no hope unless you recite Epicurus's objection and Occam's Razor six times before bed each night.
                                1011 1100

Comment

Working...
                                X