A 1935 US Plan for Invasion of Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 1935 US Plan for Invasion of Canada

You scum bags! I knew it! You guys still planning something like this?! Still pissed that we burned down the white house I see...Hmmmm

Seriously, I cant beleve it...In 1935?! Still?!

Only 4 years before WW2. Well...7 for USA...

This is the most recent declassified invasion plan available from the US archival sources.
    Spec.
    Last edited by Spec; October 27, 2006, 09:27.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Just be happy that you were considered. Since we have invasion plans for everyone else, if we didn't have one for you its because we didn't think you were worth invading .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

yeah I think Canadians are just being jealous.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        Just be happy that you were considered. Since we have invasion plans for everyone else, if we didn't have one for you its because we didn't think you were worth invading .
        What suprises me is that we have a lot of oil...It's just the excuses that would be hard to find for invading us...

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I didnt even check the link but I thought anyone familiar with the era knew there was a "war plan red" a contingency for a war with Britain, as well as war plan Orange (Japan), Black (?) (Germany) etc. It should be noted that at the Paris Peace Conf in 1919 UK insisted it had to have a larger fleet than the US, for the protection of its empire, and the US insisted on the right to build an equal fleet - clearly NEITHER power considered war unthinkable (despite a relatively close relationship at the conference) More seriously, UK had a close relationship to Japan in the 20s, while the US was hostile to Japan and sympathetic to China.

Whether the avoidance of war was due to "democratic peace" dynamics, or the change in the great power situation with the rise of Germany, and UKs refocus on Europe, or (as I think) a combination, is a matter of debate.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
            What suprises me is that we have a lot of oil...It's just the excuses that would be hard to find for invading us...

Spec.
            "We"?

Quebec doesn't have any oil at all really, and has no claim (federally or otherwise) on the Oil out west.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Spec.
              Sorry to disappoint, but it wouldnt have been about YOU, it would have been about larger US vs UK issues, esp in the Pacific. In the unlikely event of a US-UK war, the US had to consider the likelihood that Canada would stand with the UK, and launch a "preemptive" strike. Thats one of the reasons Canadian PMs of the era (Borden, at the Paris conf) were so intent on smoothing over US-UK disputes.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Back in the 1930s, Canada didn't have a lot of oil by any means.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  Back in the 1930s, Canada didn't have a lot of oil by any means.
                  and the US had MORE than enough oil.

Comment

Spec.
                    Liberating Alberta from French oppression

Comment

from the plan:

"An area in Crimson territory may be of strategic importance from
                      the viewpoint of tactical, economic, or political considerations. In the
                      final analysis, however, critical areas must be largely determined in the
                      light of Red's probable line of action and Crimson's contribution to that
                      effort."

Note - Red=UK, Crimson=Canada. all of this is in the context of an assumed war against "Red"

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

"We"?

Quebec doesn't have any oil at all really, and has no claim (federally or otherwise) on the Oil out west.
                        Still talking out of your ass Asher?

Gaspesie...That's in Quebec mind you...

And second, I was just joking...Trying to make a link with Iraq...seems my joke was taken as a troll.

Spec.

Comment

"how did OUR oil get under THEIR sands?"
                          --bumper sticker in Berkeley, CA.
                          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Still talking out of your ass Asher?

Gaspesie...That's in Quebec mind you...

Spec.
                            Do you understand how pathetically small Quebec's oil outputs are?

Last time I checked it's well under a quarter of a percent of Alberta's...

Comment

I think that today, we would not ally with the UK...imo. I may be wrong.

Spec.

Comment

Working...
                              X