• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either feed the troll... or don't post. Enough of the personal insults

Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The article did not endorse the other side nor did it promote the other side yet you rushed out and claimed that it was partisan because it honestly catologued recent abuses by the Congress. You are acting COMPLETELY like the OP.

Dude, that article you posted was incredibly partisan. Not in that it made stuff up - no, that's quite rare, really. It's a matter of tone, of how facts are presented. It's a testimony to how partisan you've become that you don't even see it in that article.

And, as I believe I stated in that other thread, the partisan nature of the article does not mean that it's incorrect.

My reaction was solely - SOLELY - to your claim in the OP of that thread that the article was not partisan. Otherwise, I generally agree with the article - including the tone, because I too have become quite partisan and am pissed as hell at the Repubs.

I just thought your claim that it was a neutral article to be absurd and hilarious.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

No where near as bad as all the WW2 movies, its always the allies triumph over the nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
          Etchy, this is all about Oerdin's recent threads in which people have noted he's turned politically partisan to the point where he's having trouble making a good argument (again, I put this down to utter fury at the current government, and I have a great deal of sympathy because I feel similiarly). This is the cutsie response to cries of "partisan hack."

5/10.

-Arrian
          Actually most of the furror was not so much Oerdins partisan hackery but his inability to admit as much.

We who admit our partisan hackery wish he would embrace his.
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

To take this to its logical conclusion, Oerdin:

Yes, the way WWII is portrayed is partisan. It's just that nobody cares, and rightfully so.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

meh, trolling is hard, now this thread has been hijacked by serious posters......

Let me just get this straight here.

1. If a media's choice of reported truth results in it favoring one side, it is biased or partisan.
              2. No media can ever encompass the whole reality.
              3. Effectively, all media is biased or partisan due to 1,2.
              4. Thus, partisan media is NOT a valid complaint as it is a trait of ALL media.

You can't eat your cake and have it too. If you think all stuff is somehow unfair, than at least state what kind of analysis and what choice of facts to present would be fair and a reasonable basis to start discussion on. I don't think saying "I can see bias when I see it, is a valid argument." One has to show why this is the case and not imply it is self evident.

I should add, value judgements are not necessarily unfair if the said judgements are logical results from a set of undistorted facts.

Unless one really wish to claim that all possible information and judgement is biased, than I have nothing to say than wonder at your epsitomology.

Comment

I suppose the valid complaint would be that XYZ is extremely or unnecessarily biased in a partisan manner.

Oerdin, to you specifically, the complaint is that you are partisan to the point that you see anything and everything done by the Bush Admin. in a negative light ... if Bush saved a child from drowning you'd figure out some way to blame Haliburton for charging the hospital bills ... It is possible to be critical of the Bush Administration without demonizing it. They make that pretty easy, really
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I like to think I do give credit where it is due. For instance I did make a thread about how I thought the administration's immigration policies were the correct path.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

"Hans? Have you looked at our caps lately?"
                    "No... well a bit... why?"
                    "They've got skulls on them"
                    "So?"
                    "Hans... are we the baddies?"

Comment

Working...
                    X