Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about putting a 90 day fraud alert on your credit report.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about putting a 90 day fraud alert on your credit report.

So I was told by my boss today that the company's corporate headquarters got broken into last night and several computers, including the owners person laptop, were stolen. The bad news for me is that all of the employees payroll information including social security numbers, addresses, etc... were on that laptop. The owner has advised everyone to issue a 90 day fraud alert to the credit agencies in order to prevent credit fraud and I have filled out the paper work for Esperian.

My question is do I have to fill seporate fraud reports to each credit agency or do they share fraud report information? Also how likely is it that laptop thieves search laptops for information before simply selling them? I'm just wondering if that is a common crime or not. Any advice or suggestions?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

I would think, and recommend, you contact the Big 3 each separately.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Called and done with. It is just a precaution but better safe then sorry.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I wondered why your name kept coming up on our radar...
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Your boss kept that information on his personal laptop? Did he implement encryption, or really any security measure?
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
          X