Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acting like a pocket passer? Because he 'only' has 56 yards rushing .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      Acting like a pocket passer? Because he 'only' has 56 yards rushing .
      Who cares about the rushing yards?

He's 20 for 28 and out QBing Palmer at this point.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

For him... that is staying in the pocket
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
          Who cares about the rushing yards?
          It shows he's not being a "pocket passer" .

He was more accurate from the pocket, but plenty of rollouts were part of the passing game as well.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

It shows he's not being a "pocket passer" .

He was more accurate from the pocket, but plenty of rollouts were part of the passing game as well.
            Maybe the coaches are learning to play to his strengths?

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
              Maybe the coaches are learning to play to his strengths?

ACK!
              Yep.. that's exactly it. And about time. They've only had what, 2.5 years .

I was just correcting Ming that it wasn't just pocket passing. Though Vick was completing more from the pocket. There were a decent deal of design rollouts, ran-pass options, etc.

The coaches are realizing that Vick, like other QBs, needs to get into a rhythm passing the ball and while the ran/pass ratios are about the same, they are now passing a lot more early on in games to get Vick in that rhythm. In addition, they are taking advantage of the fact that Vick has a cannon for an arm and going deep is a great strategy with that talent under center, rather than the short West Coast passing before now.

You see it has paid off... 7 TDs passing in the last 2 games. 290 yards throwing this week. And his completion % has gone through the roof since Knapp make the changes in the offensive strategy.

Comment

Go ahead, Imran. They're trying to compliment the guy and you're hell-bent on stopping them.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

He was indeed more acurate in the pocket. It was nice to see him do it. Yeah, he rolled out and did his normal thing as well. But I will bet you he completed more passes from the pocket today than he has in a very long time
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    Go ahead, Imran. They're trying to compliment the guy and you're hell-bent on stopping them.
                    They are trying to say he was a pocket passer and I'm trying to smack down such talk . Vick being more accurate from the pocket is great, but hopefully he never feels restricted to between the tackles as, say, Peyton Manning. Vick isn't a 'pocket passer'; a lot of his passes come from roll-outs and other outside the tackle stuff... and of course that is where is threat to run is most felt as defensive players have to make a choice to come up or stay back.

Comment

They are trying to say he was a pocket passer and I'm trying to smack down such talk . Vick being more accurate from the pocket is great, but hopefully he never feels restricted to between the tackles as, say, Peyton Manning. Vick isn't a 'pocket passer'; a lot of his passes come from roll-outs and other outside the tackle stuff.
                      I never said pocket passer, I just said he was playing great. Put him in the pocket and he won't do as well.

Earlier in the season, I would guess, they were trying to get him to throw from the pocket. Designed rollouts will help him, flushing him from the pocket with no one open seems to be where he tries to be creative and gets in trouble.

ACK!

Comment

Denver is trying really hard to make the Bears the last undefeated team... they are up on Indy... for the moment
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

Joseph Addai is going pretty damned good against that vaunted Bronos run defense... 58 yards on 10 carries.

Comment

Plummer played very well in the 1st half.

TD Indy, now 14-13 Denver.
                            Last edited by -Jrabbit; October 29, 2006, 18:57.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                              Atlanta is leading Cincy... Vick is acting like a pocket passer
                              *thank god I started him in my fantasy league this week
                              Between him and LJohnson, you must be delivering a serious butt-kicking...
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Yep... very unfortunate for Demonbinder Grossman got him 52 points, and Vick beat him
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X