Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pravda, reporting on how to cure addictive behavior.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pravda, reporting on how to cure addictive behavior.

Pravda's newest report

The effect is astounding: a patient starts seeing only bright colors in the surrounding world

Russian scientists from the city of Novosibirsk, Siberia, made a sensational report at the international conference devoted to new methods of treatment and rehabilitation in narcology. The report was called 'Methods of painful impact to treat addictive behavior.'

Siberian scientists believe that addiction to alcohol and narcotics, as well as depression, suicidal thoughts and psychosomatic diseases occur when an individual loses his or her interest in life. The absence of the will to live is caused with decreasing production of endorphins - the substance, which is known as the hormone of happiness. If a depressed individual receives a physical punishment...
    B♭3

Yes, nothing new here. Pravda is a sensationalist crap tabloid which makes up it's stories. A good target comparison example from US would be Weekly World News. I wouldn't be suprised if they'd some day have a headline like "Elvis never died, he just went home to meet his family of space aliens".

Comment

If punishment doesn't cure depression then I don't know what ever could.....
      Blah

Comment

"Best investigating reporting on the planet! Go ahead, read the New York Times, they get lucky sometimes."

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

Comment

So is Abu Grahib one of the happiest places on earth?

Comment

It's not a matter of happiness. It's a matter of curing them of addiction.
              B♭3

Comment

Jihad can be very addictive
                CSPA

Comment

A person will respond in some way to any physical punishment. The problem is that physical punishment often leads one to make a decision based on the best way to alliviate the physical punishment.

I'd like to know the history of Russian experimentation with holistic medicine. I know of no such study.
                  "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                  ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                  "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Did the patients and their "tormentors" wear leather during these sessions? And were the patients bound to the St. Andrews cross during punishment?
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                    X