Should I download FF 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I download FF 2?

I'm using 1.5 and i have alot of extensions which I fear are not migrated yet.

On the other hand - I'm an avid download-o-holic and I really like to use latest technology.

I'm considering giving it a week or so more, and possibly even waiting for 2.0.1 or 2.1 or something.

Obviously, Final Fantasy 3 is the best in the series
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I agree (Final Fantasy 3 American, 6 Japanese)

Chrono Trigger might be a bit better

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Chrono Trigger is better than FF6
        The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Generally I rate Consol RPGs:

Chrono Trigger
          Final Fantasy 6
          Zelda 3 (?? things get a bit messier beggining here)

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

On Linux at least all the preferences are kept in one directory, ~/.mozilla . So when I wanted to test a 2.0 beta I just made a copy of that directory; I could then revert to Firefox 1.5 if 2.0 for some reason did not work for me.

I have been running betas for months, and they have been very stable. Also, the features like the spell checker are very nice. At least some of the extensions, such as adblock plus, have been updated to work with Firefox 2.0.
            http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Zelda isn't an RPG.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                Generally I rate Consol RPGs:

Chrono Trigger
                Final Fantasy 6

Same here, good choices
                The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Comment

He's talking Firefox, not Final Damned Fantasy.
                  Twerps.

The Firefox pimp has a thread on it.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                    I agree (Final Fantasy 3 American, 6 Japanese)

Chrono Trigger might be a bit better

JM
                    Agree 100%
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      He's talking Firefox, not Final Damned Fantasy.
                      Twerps.

So, which of the Final Fs do you prefer?

Comment

Zelda 3: The one on SNES?
                        bleh

Comment

I'd rate Chrono Trigger pretty high, too. Secret of Mana goes there, somewhere... But FF7 must be the game I've played the most.
                          Zelda is pretty much an adventure game.

Firefox 2 just ain't ready yet.
                          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I just received from my Ebay purchase:
                            Golden Sun : The lost Age ; seems really goood!
                            bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                              I'd rate Chrono Trigger pretty high, too. Secret of Mana goes there, somewhere...
                              Secret of Mana isn't bad, but Square has considerably increased its games since. Secret of Mana 2, in particular (Seiken Densetsu 3, which was only out in Japan, but there's now a fan-translated version on the interwebs), is much better IMO.

And Chrono Trigger PWNS both Secrets of Mana, as well as FF3 (because its cast is so frigging amazing)

Comment

Working...
                              X