X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olbermann's new video - Excellent Commentary

fred stolen.

linkski

he's right on a few parts, i'll grant him.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Why do we care about pundits?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

eh. i was entertained. he's got a point that the GOP is little better than the terrorists that they condemn.
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        Why do we care about pundits?
        We don't. I'm just posting to keep up my typing skills.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Don't really care about the pundits, but as was mentioned, he does have a point. I've thought the same thing for a while, but it was brought to mind on my way home the other day when my Zen ran out of battery and I ended up listening to one of the Republican talk radio mouthpieces, Mike something or other. (Who, as I was told approximately 26 times in half an hour, is apparently the 6th most listened to radio host in America.) It wasn't just what he was saying, which was bad enough (he wanted to do away with trials and go straight to shooting some guy.) But even the commercials were just dripping fear. I heard four commercials repeated several times while he was on; one was for some online buying club or something, and the other three were all about buying protection from that big bad world out there. They may have been legitimate, maybe not--I'm not really sure on the whole concept of insurance against identity theft, particularly with a $25k limit--but I just found it interesting that while he was preaching fear to sway an election, his advertisers were preaching it to make money. Kind of tells you what they think of their listeners.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

If you think Mike Savage is a "Republican mouthpiece" you must not have been paying attention...
            Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
            X