Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for download managers to recommend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for download managers to recommend.

I'm trying to download the Civ4 patch (45 megs) on this WiFi connection that is quite unstable, so I could do with a tool that would just pause the download in case of connection trouble and continue once the connection is reestablished. Most inbuilt downloaders (using that of Opera 6.sth) just report an error and abort.

I guess there's plenty of these out there, which ones are the real good ones?

Yeah this Opera one says has two options, resume and restart, but all it ever does is restart really.

File sharing tool would be an option. Do I find the Civ4 patch on eMule or some of these?

Comment

wget
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

"DownThemAll" which is a Firefox extension (on their list of top 10) is pretty good, and doesn't require any other software .
        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

You should be able to find the patch on e-mule Ecthy.

Use the software that you already have available.
          Quendelie axan!

Comment

I used to know all about download managers when I used dial-up. I think I used "FlashGet" alot.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

getright, I like using it for normal downloads as well so I can use its segmented accelerated download thing
              Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Working...
              X