No announcement yet.

Anime Apolyton: Anime Conventions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do so many anime characters wear flying goggles (or similar) on their forehead?

Comment

Many? Guess you have a rather different choice of viewing than I do, as I can't think of that many.

Some of the Digimon kids, but I haven't seen that in a while so I couldn't explain why.

Ussop from One Piece, but his aren't really flying goggles. Someone who uses flame and capsaicin in his weaons might well want eye protection ^_^

Kino in Kino's Journey is similar. Someone who's always riding a motorcycle can use goggles.

Same goes for the Last Exile characters. Since they're actually flying open cockpit flying machines, flying goggles are pretty expected. Same for Porco Rosso.

Other than that, about all I can think of is one girl in Kujibiki Unbalanced. So maybe some of the genres I don't pay much attention to do use, since the "series" is a complete pastiche of anime cliches. Just can't say I've seen it.

--"#11- Law of Inherent Combustibility"

That's just what happens why pyrotechnics suppliers branch out into heavy industry ^_^

Wraith
      "An object at rest cannot be stopped!"
      -- The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight ("The Tick")

Comment

Working...
      X