I am supposed to read a book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am supposed to read a book

but in university library, one was stolen, and the other one is taken by someone else.
    In library of Historical Institute (which, strangely, is bigger than University Library), it is not present, unless the guy leading this course did not write its name properly
    Probably it's in National Library, but it is closed until monday, and this course is in monday, I have lessons since morning and no break to read it even if it was in Historical Institute Library
    He was already angry nobody reads anything last lesson. I am afraid
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

2 books? Wow.

Or dl off p2p.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You have to read the entire book over the weekend or just a part of it?
      Blah

Comment

If the prof is around, go to him, explain your problem and ask to borrow his copy.

He may not lend it to you, but he'll be impressed by your persistence and desire to learn.

Comment

he is a young teacher, a friend of a friend of mine, actually. As this friend explained to me, older teachers get to the point students are never properly prepared for a lesson, so they do not care. But young teachers are bad,
          Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
            he is a young teacher, a friend of a friend of mine, actually. As this friend explained to me, older teachers get to the point students are never properly prepared for a lesson, so they do not care. But young teachers are bad,
            Funny, I was just the opposite. as a young, idealistic professor, I took the failure of students to do their work as a sign that I needed to try harder to motivate the.

As an older prof I took the failure of students to do their work as license to come up with all sorts of sadistic ways to punish them for their failings.

Maybe its different in Europe...
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
              he is .. a friend of a friend of mine, actually
              So it's not a problem then
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Well, I am doing pretty well on these classes, except for that I don't know answers nobody knows.
                But today, I was wanted to escape, but the others convinced me to stay. And just when I've changed my mind, the guy entered. He's made a small exam. And I was the only one to not have read two main books this time, so I sucked, kind of. Yet, when it comes to the third book, I still shone, though for the first time I've had some competition.

The topic of these classes is prince Adam Jerzy Czartoryski. Czartoryscy were a noble family of lithuanian descent, actually they were side-line of old pagan lithuanian royal (well, ducal) family, cousins of Jagiellons. They were kind of in the shade of other great families until XVIII century, when they became a political might, supporting internal reforms (they were heavily inspired by example of Britain, especially that they were partly Scottish, one of their grandmothers was daughter of count of Argyll or whatever), alliance with Russia and so on. In 1965 one of them was supposed to become the king, but he backed off so Katherine II made king of her lover and Czartoryski by mother, Stanislaw Antoni (August) Poniatowski.
                They were patriotic and enlightened, yet when after partages they were faced with sequestr of 3/4 of their posessions, the ones under russian occupation, two young Czartoryskis were sent as hostages to Petersburg court. Adam Jerzy (George) Czartoryski, one of them, wrote in Grodno (nowdays Hrodna, once one of parliamentary capitals of Poland, and the place where Czartoryski met deposed polish king under russian arrest) a lenghty "Bard Polski" (Polish Bard) piece, changed in 1803 and published in 1840. It is hardly known in Poland, though it is one of few (I know two) contemporary poems directly dealing with partages of Poland.
                Middle East!

Comment

1965?

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I think it's a typo, should be 1765 when he lived in the time of Catherine II
                    Blah

Comment

a typo, sorry
                      Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                      X