No announcement yet.

It Would Take Me About a Week to Read All the Stuff I Have Opened in My Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Would Take Me About a Week to Read All the Stuff I Have Opened in My Browser

In two Opera windows I have approximately 40 open tabs. The texts range from long thoughtful forum threads (not on this forum ) to some smart analysis of this or that issue.

I am loath to close any of those tabs, since they indeed are about interesting stuff. I guess I'm an information junkie.

So, should I just mark everything read? Or sleep less?

Share your strategies for coping with the information overload!

BTW., there are also over hundred unread items in my RSS reader. High quality stuff, I have to get to reading it some time.

On the positive side, I'm up to date with my e-mail

Opera will reopen to last saved session. Why worry?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Nah, I'm not affraid I'm going to lose anything if I shut down the computer - I'm asking if someone has some good mechanism for sorting out the important stuff from the unimportant.

Comment

Re: It Would Take Me About a Week to Read All the Stuff I Have Opened in My Browser

Originally posted by VetLegion
        Share your strategies for coping with the information overload!
        Short attention span.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I know what you mean. I have the scrap book extension for Firefox, so I just save all those pages instead of keeping them open in tabs.

As you can guess, the To Read folder is huge and it never decreases. I'm afraid that I'll just have to rename it to Read one day.

As for the RSS reader... Well, I've lost hope on that one.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

dont get overloaded

what can and needs to be cut and not lose any sleep

nothing like burning the candle at both ends and the middle
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
            X