The "TEF, please come back" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "TEF, please come back" thread

Hello everyone. I recently got an internet connection set up at my new apartment. So I'm back for a bit, until I get bored again. I hope most of you are doing well. The rest of you, well...all I have to say is "helicopters".

BTW, does "helicopters" date me? because, I mean...who the **** is RoboCon?

I have interesting stories to tell. Now, of course, having been a 7 year (holy crap) member, I know that the mod(erators) don't like self-important threads like this existing. However, this thread is a "resurrection" thread, if you will, and I am its Neo.

With better acting skills

Now, for the three of you that actually read an Emperor Fabulous thread (thanks, Sloww, Gramps, and Mr Fun!), you're probably wondering "Gee, Tee Eee Eff, what have you been up to?" Well, THAT'S what I'm here to tell you!

BTW, for anyone who doesn't know yet, I DESTROYED the Apolyton Yahoo Baseball Fantasy League. Reason: I knew the value of Jonathan Papelbon before anyone else knew who he was. Which means, basically: Yankees Suck(tm)

Here's the serious part:

Many of you know where I go to college. Most of you (those of you who can read, anyway) know what my planned career is. What I wish to share with all of you today is how I almost lost that, and what I've done since.

Now, you may not care. You may not give two ****s. Or even one ****. Or even just a little bit of poo that accidentally squirts out after a good burrito. So leave, what do I care? However, if you read past the tenth word in this sentence, that means you care. So I care. Thanks.

I'm currently studying acting. I used to think it was going well. That's before I realized that, to learn in class, I would have to actually BE in class, and on top of that, I'd have to BE SOBER in class. I mean, WTF? No one goes to class sober...EVER. Did you? Seriously? What was that like?

Anyway, to act, one must be present in class. When one is hung over, one cannot be present. When one drinks over a handle of vodka per night, one is kinda hung over, not to mention kinda a dumbass, right?

Of course, class might not be the only trouble. Sure, I might piss off the 15 other people I have to spend 20 hours of every week for 38 weeks of 4 years of my life with, but what's that matter, when I do **** that in most countries would get certain limbs cut off.

BTW, I get it. My SN has "Fabulous" in it, and gays use the word "Fabulous" a lot. Ha ha. Ha ha.

Truth be told, I've pissed a **** load of people off. I'm probably pissing a **** load of people off right now for using phrases like "pissing a" and "**** load". I've lost jobs, money, friends, and opportunities because of the way I've acted while drunk/hung over/completely absent.

The reason I write this message here is because

a.) I've often written drunk messages here, many that have either cast me in a negative light or just genuinely been D-U-M-B stupid

b.) I've been here SEVEN years. I haven't ever stuck with something that long - not even crack! (and I loves me some crack!)

c.) Because, even though I've been here seven years, a lot of times I've been too out of it to form rational thoughts or coesive arguments, so I'd wager most of you think me a step or two down on the rung of life, or at least "annoying, but not really threatening".

d.) Everyone has stories, and I'd like to share mine.

e.) I've written so many drunk posts over the years...why not write a sober one?

So, I'm a drinker. I absolutely love alcohol. Trouble is, unlike many other majors that I've seen, an actor cannot truely be present and learn the fundamentals if he/she/it is hung over. And I was. A lot. I've missed rehearsals, exams, papers, performances, points of topic, important dates, series debuts, buses, and live game because of intoxication.

BTW, I was never mugged. I never stabbed anyone. I was drunk when I wrote that, then when I sobered up I couldn't confess. But that was two years ago folks. I still kicked the Fantasy Baseball Leagues collective asses this year!

Then, came the inevitable:

My classmates would not work with me. My teachers couldn't work with me. Work didn't want me. My roomates hated me. What did I do? I shut myself down further and further, until one night I threw all my clothes out a window in downtown Boston, smashed my computer against a wall, threw up the next morning, called my parents, and made a decision.

A boss of mine said to me: "TEF, I like you a lot...but I don't respect you. You've given me plenty of reasons to like you...you've never given me one reason to respect you."

Today, things are amazing. I am financially secure and still in college. I'm continuing in the same program as I was in last year, working with the same people who now enjoy my presence in class, although its taken a lot of work. I have three jobs, including teaching ballroom and latin dancing at a major hotel. Also, I got my first lead part with a theatre group: I was recently cast as Romeo in "Romeo & Julian".

Yes, it is Shakespeare's "Romeo & Juliet" with homosexual 1980s themes and yes, I DO have to kiss a man and no, I am still not gay

So yeah, that's what I've been up to. Please, fill out the poll. If I get an overwhelming "don't come back" vibe, I'll stay far away. Hell, there isn't much of a point to writing this anyway, except maybe for some "Legacy" points.

Anyway, I hope that you (yes, YOU) and I can have a pleasant, rational, non-explosive debate sometime.

And yes, Che, I know you hate me. But you're a commie. So your vote doesn't count.

- TEF
    TEF, please come back!
    5.81%
    TEF, don't come back!
    4.52%
    TEF, your thread will most certainly be locked!
    4.52%
    TEF, I'm happy for you!
    2.58%
    TEF, I'm...happy...for.........you....(pause)
    3.87%
    TEF, I want you inside me (editors note: gross)
    2.58%
    TEF, WTF?
    6.45%
    TEF, bring back The Emperor's Apolyton Interview Imporium
    2.58%
    Seriously, JohnT, I did at some point want to do one with you...what's it been, three years?
    3.87%
    Emperor Fabulous...do have a spot of tea, dear
    1.94%
    You don't really think I"m going to like you after all this obvious self-exposure, do you?
    2.58%
    The Emperor Fabulous: What a fag!
    3.23%
    The Emperor Fabulous: wasn't that an Eddie Izzard joke?
    3.23%
    EmpFab, damn you for picking Papelbon!
    3.23%
    TEF, you bore me
    5.16%
    TEF...who?
    7.10%
    No, seriously...who?
    6.45%
    Please, when you're famous, remember (insert your name here)
    3.23%
    TEF, you're an arrogant mofo
    4.52%
    TEF, you're an arrogant mofo...and I like it!
    3.87%
    Your pants are FABULOUS (they're designer, thanks)
    3.23%
    TEF,
    3.23%
    I'm a commie. My vote doesn't count.
    5.81%
    Do we still do the whole "banana" thing?
    6.45%
    Last edited by The Emperor Fabulous; October 19, 2006, 02:06.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Go away...
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Paragraphing
      Two line blocks
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Does it hurt the eyes?
        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

It makes me lose interest, because it looks too long and frustrating to read.

Try again.

Comment

So... are you saying that you didn't kill faded glory?
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Not killing faded glory

Comment

Kylling Wesley Crusher
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

togglecaps

Comment

9 April

Comment

TEF, I'm happy for you, I think...

and WTF?

OH, and BTW, where is the 'dancing cows rock' option?

But seriously, are you still ****ed up? The first part of your post indicates that the second part could be feel good BS.

Are you really doing well?

I hope so.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I am confused about whether or not this is a drunk post?

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Also, I also was coming close to losing what my goals had been, thanks in part to alcohol. Now I generally don't drink.. and my lot in life is improving.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

tl;dr
                            This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Worst 'Me Thread' ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X