More Cats and Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Cats and Dogs

ELKHART LAKE, Wis. (AP) - After a disabled Wisconsin woman's cat started a house fire, her specially trained dog came to the rescue, then died trying unsuccessfully to rescue the cat.

Jamie Hanson said her 13-year-old dog Jesse brought her artificial leg and a phone she used to call 911. "She got me outside and then she heard the cat upstairs and she went up there to get the cat and she wouldn't come back to me," Hanson, 49, said at a news conference Monday at Aurora Sheboygan Memorial Medical Center, where she was being treated for her injuries.

She received third-degree arm burns in the fire Sunday night at her home in Rhine, south of Elkhart Lake. Both pets died.

Hanson, who lost a leg in a car accident three years ago, said she was on the couch watching television when the cat ran over the back of the couch.

"And he jumped onto a table that had a candle on it and tipped it over and lighted the artificial plants on fire," she said.

Hanson said she fell off the couch and was unable to retrieve her artificial leg from the table, "so my dog got my leg for me and went and got the phone and brought he phone to me so I could call 911."
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

One of the worst things about it? Both pets perished in the fire.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Dogs
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

It was a clever scheme by the cat to bring the dog some glory.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I mourn for the dog
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Do we need any more proof that cats are truly evil? I am just glad its diabolical plan backfired
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I always thought lonely old ladies with houses full of cats were just strange. It's scary how many people don't get their pets fixed and then end up with to many animals.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I was going to post a thread on this last night, though the story didn't seem that big.

Proof that dogs are loyal, but stupid.

And cats are of course, evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                  I was going to post a thread on this last night, though the story didn't seem that big.
                  I was torn between this story or the school banning tag. I'm glad to see the other article has since been posted.

Both are serious issues.

Comment

yep, I was going to post the school tag banning as well.

pretty sad, the only thing I can think to post is silly news stories. I think we have discussed everything else.

Comment

Yep.

Comment

dogs
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                        X