Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-2 Ducks. Almost as lopsided as Calgary's demolition of Phoenix last night.

Best part? Mike Morrison had better stats last night than Roloson.

6 goals on 18 shots. Impressive stuff.

Second best part? Pronger's got 3 assists so far.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Wow. I'm at -12 after 3 days of play this week.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Ummm, at least it looks like your players are getting plenty of ice time..........

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• ****ing Rob Blake is responsible for -5(?) after 2 games
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• The Oilers got schooled. No other way to say it. Goalie, defence, forwards... up and down the line.

That was embarassing.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• /me tries to look for the positive..........the second goal was nice to see, Hemsky had everyone (but maybe Stoll) thinking he was going to shoot, nice move, nice pass.
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• No, it wasn't entirely bad. There were moments, but losing 6-2 isn't going to have a whole lot of silver linings.

The whole team, from Roli to Winchester just weren't good enough in the second half of the game.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I don't know... I think Roloson's off night had more to do with this than we'd care to admit.

The defense actually played not bad. They weren't stellar, but they didn't lose the game for us. 6 goals on 18 shots is not a defensive problem, it's a bad goalie night.

Some more scoring would have been nice, though. The 'first line' really has to start pulling its weight a little bit more.

Ah well, at least Roli'll bounce back.
                  "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                  "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                  "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

• Originally posted by cinch
                    I don't know... I think Roloson's off night had more to do with this than we'd care to admit.
                    I'd love to lay it at Roli's door and write it off, but then I'd have to ignore the odd man rushes that came from give-aways and I'd have to ignore the too often lack of ability to do anything useful in the O-zone when we got in there.

I have to give Giguere some credit. He did stop 29 shots. However, I would say there were too few shots from wasted breakins with no shots and that too many of the shots were too easy to stop. This is more a credit to the Ducks' defence though.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                      There's a problem with the league.

I have 14 players, 1 of them on the IR list.

It won't let me add a player to come up to 14 active.

Edit: Well, now it worked after about the 10th time I put Kabi on IR.
                      I'm having the same problem.
                      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Ah, I see now. It does seem to automatically set the IR status for subsequent days. Once I set it for tomorrow, it allowed the change.
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
                          * Sparrowhawk tries to look for the positive..........the second goal was nice to see, Hemsky had everyone (but maybe Stoll) thinking he was going to shoot, nice move, nice pass.
                          Another brilliant Hemsky play was when the Oilers were on the PP in the 3rd period, 4 of his teammates were lined up on the blueline ready to break in...he plays with the puck and goes from one side of the ice to the other, then turns it over, giving Todd Marchant a breakaway.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
                            Ah, I see now. It does seem to automatically set the IR status for subsequent days. Once I set it for tomorrow, it allowed the change.
                            That's the ticket. I had the same problems when I first put Stillman on the IR. It took me several tries as well.
                            Last edited by Kontiki; October 26, 2006, 10:26.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                              6-2 Ducks. Almost as lopsided as Calgary's demolition of Phoenix last night.

Best part? Mike Morrison had better stats last night than Roloson.

6 goals on 18 shots. Impressive stuff.

Second best part? Pronger's got 3 assists so far.
                              Yup not a great night for Edmonton.

But Asher . . I wouldn't taunt Edmonton too much yet-- Try leaving that for when they are not 5 points ahead of the Flames in the standings ( having played one more game)
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Oh and Toronto fans-- which Leaf team will show up tonight?

PLus -- can Chicago rebound to their early form or are injuries highlighting their fundamental lack of depth as they spiral to a similar status as last year
                                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                                X