Judge vacates conviction of late Enron founder Lay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    A frog has a chance to leap to the moon, but I don't give it much hope.

In the meantime, thousands lost all to a thief.
    His family are thieves, or they would acknowledge it and work a settlement.
    Why? as I said before the Lay estate is penniless after paying lawyers fees. The only thing remaining is the insurance money and that can't be touched.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Oh bull****.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If he was found innocent? Kuci, that wasn't happening.
        I suppose we should never have bothered with a trial in the first place, then.

Comment

Bull**** you may claim but it was what all the people that followed the Lay case were saying from day zero.

His death merely cleared his record, didn't do one iota for the family as far as how much money they got to keep at the end of the day.

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

An appeal isn't a trial.It's an appeal to the trial's decision. All murderers get appeals. It doesn't mean they're not a murderer.
            And the Lay family must have had one Hell of a party in Aspen if all that money is spent. Not that it matters. Gone or not, they're still liable. Otherwise, all any thief has to do is party hearty after they steal, and it's no longer theft.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

An appeal isn't a trial.It's an appeal to the trial's decision. All murderers get appeals. It doesn't mean they're not a murderer.
              And the Lay family must have had one Hell of a party in Aspen if all that money is spent. Not that it matters. Gone or not, they're still liable. Otherwise, all any thief has to do is party hearty after they steal, and it's no longer theft.

The family most certainly is not liable. The estate is. To the extent the estate can pay those damages it does so. Individuals in the family who didnot commit any crime and were not held by the court of law of any wrong doing have no responsibility in the matter in settling any old debts of the deceased.

Typically that would mean the estate needs to be completely liquidated all assets sold (house personal property etc. inorder to square with all who have a claim with the estate). In this case the insurance monies are so large that the wife can most likely buy back all the properties she otherwise would have to sell to pay off the debts of the estate.

Comment

Working...
              X