Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose shes already post menepausal.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

CRAPSKY! nm.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Damn. I thought this was going to be about the Hillary-McCain drinking contest. (Here's Maureen Dowd's column on it; there's also a longer discussion in the Atlantic Monthly this month).

Women who can hold their liquor.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

That's the best reason I've seen for voting for her.
          And still miles from good enough.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
            Damn. I thought this was going to be about the Hillary-McCain drinking contest. (Here's Maureen Dowd's column on it; there's also a longer discussion in the Atlantic Monthly this month).

Women who can hold their liquor.
            I only find that useful when they are also strong enough to carry me home and have their way with me, like my first girlfriend.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Am I getting this right? You guys want to vote for Hillary to "punish" the country for electing Bush?

Do you realize what that says about Hillary? Your feelings for the country?
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                Am I getting this right? You guys want to vote for Hillary to "punish" the country for electing Bush?

Do you realize what that says about Hillary? Your feelings for the country?
                I suspect it is not feelings for the country so much as deep hatred for the faction of 'troglodytes' that happen to disagree with them.

And yes that is equally sad considering the need for functional democracy depends in large part to pluralism.

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Yeah, our friends on the republican right have been real pluralistic.

It takes two to tango. Incidently, if I were to cast my vote for Hillary (ugh), I wouldn't do it to "punish" anyone, but rather because I believed her to be the lesser of two evils. Much like my vote for Kerry.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Well, since I would normally vote Libertarian, which is basically a wasted vote, in a close race between Republicans and Democrats, I'm willing to vote for the party that is MUCH less evil. I do, in fact, see what the Republicans have done as unabashed evil.

I'm not voting to punish them for disciplinary reasons or anything, like a mother smacking a little kid on the hand. I'm voting just to get them out of power, like a mother pushing her evil kid down a well, The Ring-style.

Honestly, I hope we can impeach this President for viotating Constitutional law (wiretapping), and then put him in front of a UN trial panel of some kind to be found guilty of violating the Geneva convention.

Anyway, thanks for commenting so that I can spew more venom! =)

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                      Yeah, our friends on the republican right have been real pluralistic.

It takes two to tango. Incidently, if I were to cast my vote for Hillary (ugh), I wouldn't do it to "punish" anyone, but rather because I believed her to be the lesser of two evils. Much like my vote for Kerry.

-Arrian
                      Hey cut me some slack. I didn't say folk of that stripe were traitors and unpatriotic which was the implicationof PLATO I merely said they were hateful bastards.

Comment

Working...
                      X